LVL, Crybaby or MYscara?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinky

Reaction score
I was thinking about adding semi permanent mascara to my treatment list.

My biggest income comes from semi perm lashes, but was wondering if it really is worth training in this also?

Has anyone trained in any of these? If so, do you think that it was worth it

Thanks

Crybaby is amazing looks and feels incredible? X

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek

I hated it. Took it off my menu! Lvl is much better! X

Do a search there are endless debates on this topic. Personally I think it's rubbish and wish I hadn't wasted my money x

I have taken crybaby off my menu and am planning to sell my kit!

I have taken Crybaby off my menu too.
I do LVL though and it's a fab treatment.

There is a new one called Mezmereyez it's a fab alternative to the lashes for clients who are not sure on the lashes ... Also i use it as a treatment for bottom lashes for when clients are wearing the lashes as they feel the bottoms look bare sometimes & the whole point is not to have to bother doing it themselves! I am finding it really popular at the moment it's just preference really and whats going to sell. Anyway it's through a company called Lashout!Lashes (through the urban beauty group) there email is [email protected] the girls are lovely. Also they have an amazing glue called Flash Lash as i have noticed a lot of people on here are having so much trouble with glue i cannot recommend this product enough.

As with every treatment you are going to find 100 different opinions and there is a few threads on here regarding the semi permanent mascara. For me personally its been worth it and i have only had good experience with it, its quick and easy to apply and as a client its light, flexible and comfortable and makes a huge difference when you get up in the morning and look in the mirror.

From a therapist point of view i firmly believe its very important to be honest with clients and i believe some of the negative feedback comes from clients who are hoping for miracles. As with every treatment - its not for everyone!
Its an enhancement which means you can only enhance what you naturally have, ie if you have sparse or thin and short lashes you are not going to end up with glamourously long and thick lashes and its vital to go through this with the client in the consultation and make them fully aware of what to expect and what is possible and what is a dream and then there wont be any disappointments.

I find its worth having on the treatment list and it offers a very economic treatment when you look at time, effort and investment :O))

I was thinking about adding semi permanent mascara to my treatment list.

My biggest income comes from semi perm lashes, but was wondering if it really is worth training in this also?

Has anyone trained in any of these? If so, do you think that it was worth it

Thanks

The real acid test here is not necessarily what others think as there will always be a difference in opinion which is to be expected but to actually talk to your customers and gain some feed back from them.

The thing with semi permanent mascaras is that it needs a good set of lashes as a base on which to build

If there is a limited number of lashes then its simply not going to be a good look at all.

But for those with a full set then its a great treatment to offer.

Unfortunately to high expectations often disappoint and it is essential that you are honest with a possible client in so far as how well this treatment will be for them specific given there existing density of lashes

So the key is to asses a customers lashes first and be open and frank with them as to how the outcome is likely to be for them

So a treatment clearly not for everyone but for the right customers and with the right product and application this is an excellent treatment to offer.

Hth and good luck :hug:

i would not waste my money on the semi permanent mascara i did the myscara course i have took it off my menu now. I did the lvl lash course last week loved it and far better results i would do that

I love MYscara. Just did their course and really love it. Previously did Xaggerate and although I love the idea of semi perm mascara didn't like the product.

MYscara is amazing, its ready mixed so there is always consistency. Put it on myself today and already had two comments about my lashes.

I've been wearing semi perm mascara, constantly, now well over six months and now don't even own a mascara, can't imagine ever owning one again in fact. I suppose I'm lazy, I love coming out of the shower and straight out.

Its great on its own or for EE clients who want to even up their bottom lashes.

Its all in the application in my opinion, once you get good at it, its really great!

Said it before but i wouldn't waste your money on sp mascara. I too have taken it off my treatment list. I think if you could charge a little more than eyelash tint then it would be workable but I think for that price clients do expect a lot.

Personally i would go with lvl and once funds permit i will be doing that.

Latest posts

Back