Peoples view on these..lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man Lashes.. Yes or No?!

• Yes

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 117 91.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lauramaninails

Reaction score
Anyone care to explain why things like this are happening??

What are you thoughts?

Attachments

• mens.jpg
    mens.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 632
Couldn't stop laughing when I saw this! Just imagining my builder/ skin head of a husband wearing them! Lol

Anyone care to explain why things like this are happening??

What are you thoughts?

Your answer is in the photo... Did you see the word "thick", haha either that or it's the Geordie shore effect catching our men folk, lol at Jay's eyebrows, these are next obviously :o

I might by my hubby some lol:lol:

When seeing these I was confused as to how there would be a market for these? They also do fine lashes too, can't quite believe it!

From a completely different angle, my son had lots of eye operations when he was younger which resulted in him losing all lashes on one eye. I remember his surgeon saying if he'd been a girl it wouldn't be a problem as he could have false eye lashes. Whilst i'm sure these aren't marketing for this reason it's kind of good to know he has an option when he's older. Saying that, when I showed him he laughed the place down!!!

I don't see what the problem is. I have done LVL and lash extensions on men before. Men like to have long lashes too!

I'm not sure what the marketing strategy is; there are similar natural-looking lashes available without labelling them "men's". Surely any man who wants to wear them would just buy those?

Last edited:
I think they are catering to men who may be going through chemo, or have the disease of no body hair. Labeling it specifically for men makes them feel more confident in using? Just a thought....

i think these guylashes could be quite a good idea for the right person. I know that men are under more & more pressure to look a certain way and for some reason, long dark lashes are becoming very popular right now. So the use of eyelash curlers, mascara and tinting are increasing.
I can imagine a few traumatised looking men when they realise that one has fallen off and made a break for freedom across his cheek!

I don't see what the problem is. I have done LVL and lash extensions on men before. Men like to have long lashes too!

My boyfriend is the IDEAL candidate for a lash lift as he does have very straight lashes but he's absolutely drawn the line at it! hahahaha

Shame really as he's been a guinea pig for spray tans, waxing, massages and even lent me his fingernails to practice my acrylics on! :)

I'll wear him down eventually!! :lol:

Men are turning into women! Let's hope they learn to give birth soon hahaha xx

I have been looking in to this for a while how did your client come about to enquiring and having them? Did he have a specific reason for wanting them?

We have done a few guys for individual lashes, usually fine ones, and not overly long. The results just give some definition, and all have been pleased with the results.

Had one of our new technicians in our female salon practice a few times on mine too, no big deal.

Each to their own? It's not that a big deal. Maybe they won't be popular but it's nice for men to have the option. We work in the beauty industry but it doesn't have to be for women only :)

Latest posts

Back