Bikini waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjfoy27

Reaction score
I am have been a qualified beauty therapist since march. I work currently work from home. I find bikini waxing a bit of a struggle and I don't think I got enough practise at college. I mostly ok when it is a basic bikini wax, like the top of the leg outside the pant line. But when clients what you to go in further I find it difficult and I am not confident doing it.

What can I do about this, has anyone got any tips? Do you think it is worth doing an extra bit of training maybe one on one or would I have to do a full intimate waxing course? I am in Belfast and if any one knows of anything anywhere in Ireland that would be helpful please
let me know!

I'm training in NI in April.

However, you need help now, so apply a tiny amount of oil under your wax. Always use a good quality hot wax and stretch and support the skin as you remove the wax. It's all about the stretch.

However, you need help now, so apply a tiny amount of oil under your wax. Always use a good quality hot wax and stretch and support the skin as you remove the wax. It's all about the stretch.

Kim - do you use a specific oil under the wax? I was never shown or told about using oil, thanks :)

Kim recommends a Perron Rigot Jasmine oil , very fine , almost dry oil. Apply small amount before waxing.

I'm interested to know what the oil will do to help as i haven't heard of use of it in waxing?

As Joe90 said, I use Perron Rigot (PR), Jasmine oil.

However........as you're just starting out and money is tight. Try first off using a tiny amount of normal baby oil. I mean so tiny that you can barely see it on the skin. Once you realise the benefits of oil under the wax, then get yourself some PR Jasmine oil as it's really cheap anyway (about £6).

I'm interested to know what the oil will do to help as i haven't heard of use of it in waxing?

A tiny bit of oil put on the skin (and it is tiny) helps to form a barrier between the skin and the wax but the hair will still stick to the wax.This makes the waxing feel much less painful as there is less pull on the skin,little risk of grazing and less chance of bruising.

This is the best peice of advice i got from this site, i can tell my clients find it much nicer when i use oil under the wax!x

Sent from my X10i

Ahh, I see! Never knew about that and will definitely keep it in mind when I'm waxing painful areas!
Thank you :)

Is the oil under the wax only for hot wax, or does it work with warm / strip waxing too?

Trim the hair with a scissors first if it is any way long! Apply the smallest amount of oil to the area! i use both hot and warm wax for intimate waxing. Warm for the outer area as it is faster and hot on the inner!
dont be shy asking clients to lift their leg up or move around.There are 4 hands in the room! use them! ask the client to stretch the skin if you need to.
No mater how long you have been waxing there will always be little disasters...dont panic. never let a client see you are struggling.
I always check the direction of the hair growth first. sometimes its easier to start at the top and sometimes its easier to start at the bum fluff end!
Get some practice on your family and friends for free.

Before you know it you will be doing brazillians in 10 minutes flat!:lol:

As Joe90 said, I use Perron Rigot (PR), Jasmine oil.

However........as you're just starting out and money is tight. Try first off using a tiny amount of normal baby oil. I mean so tiny that you can barely see it on the skin. Once you realise the benefits of oil under the wax, then get yourself some PR Jasmine oil as it's really cheap anyway (about £6).

Thank you :) I would have thought that the wax wouldn't stick to the hair though? As I always cleanse the skin prior to waxing to get rid of any grease?

great info,thanks :)

The beauty of the search function...

I just did a search after a rubbish bikni wax today that went all to pot and I think this thread has probably sorted my problem out... I'll be investing in some oil!

Thank you guys from back in February!! xx :biggrin:

Yeah a thanks from me too!:D deffo going to try out the oil, and tips on applying it? using hands or cotton wool?

Will def be trying this next time I have a bik wax booked in. Will try the baby oil first to see how it goes. I always had problems especially if the hair was quite long but used to feel that the client was embarrassed if I trimmed it but now I tell them I am as it makes it a lot easier. If only we were taught to apply oil when training

Thank you :) I would have thought that the wax wouldn't stick to the hair though? As I always cleanse the skin prior to waxing to get rid of any grease?
I know…….it's crazy isn't it, but it works.

When you back in Northern Ireland training Kim?

I do the regular bikini waxing and happy with it but had a client yesterday - very overweight apple shape with very stiff legs lol soz dont know how else to explain - and i did the job and fairly well - but as was doing it i was wondering 'what would kim do in this situtation?' she was struggling to hold her tummy back and i had to hold up her bikini area to get in at the top of the leg and to be honest know it was long day but i was wrecked it took so much work holding everything out of the way to get in to wax - she wasnt able to reach down and couldnt mover her legs much.. but was done neatly and carefully and she liked it

what would you do kim?

Just a couple of little questions, how are you applying the oil? (especially to bikini area) and do you use under all waxing ie: legs etc?

Latest posts

Back