Argh teeth!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Hey guys, I noticed this morning that the bottom of my front tooth has a chip in it about 1mm square, it turned up after id brushed.
Anyway, when I got in and looked closely there's a line going from top to bottom of my 2 front teeth (and I'm not waiting til Christmas to wish for 2 new ones) , and a chip of the surface on the tooth that's chopped on the bottom.
I'm gonna call the dentist tomorrow, but any of you know what may have caused it for how it can be fixed? Xoxo

It's all part of the ageing process I'm afraid! Teeth take quite a battering over the years and hairline cracks do become more frequent as we get older, because they become more 'brittle' if you like.

If it's just a small piece that's come away then the dentist can smooth it over to stop it catching your tongue. If it's more visible then you can have a white filling placed there, but you may have problems with it coming away, because it's difficult to create retention for a small filling like this. If it does come away then then it's easily replaced.

But then some people have these repairs that last for years!

:)

Noo it cant be ageing I'm only 22, iv wedged temporary filling in for now but need a real one because it's pink. I'm wondering if it's been caused by my toothpaste as im using eucryl tooth powder daily because it's good for whitening xoxo

I don't know how it could have been caused, but the same thing happened to my partner, his could be down to aging (hes 40?) and did it when he bit in to an olive! (not exactly the hardest of foods!) he went to the dentist and she built it back up with some White filler stuff and you would never know it was even chipped, so don't panic-it can be repaired!
As for the hairline crack looking things, I'm 22, and I too have one of these on my front tooth! You can't see it unless you go right up close to the mirror and look for it, but still, I know it's there! I noticed it about a year ago and it hasn't got any worse? I don't know what it is?
But try not to panic! :) xxx

Maybe you wear grinding your teeth in your sleep?

Bits that come away with soft foods were probably about to come away anyway.

Maybe you wear grinding your teeth in your sleep?

This can also make your teeth chip. People often only grind in their sleep so you're probably not aware you're doing it. Mention it to your dentist. He/he might suggest wearing a custom made bite guard at night.

Latest posts

Back