What do nail techs look for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kim68

Reaction score
Hi Nail Techs
I have a large hair salon, out of town, and have been looking for a nail technician to rent a space within it (not a room). I had rented it out before to a nail technician who once had her own salon but due to circumstances didn't renew her lease, so brought her business to me. She decided last year (after 3 yrs with me) to give up the business but I miss the banter and the opportunity to offer our hair clients an additional service
If any of you work this way within a salon, could you give me some pointers how/where to go to advertise and what you'd be looking for once you got here eg. equipment
I have been advertising for 6 weeks all over the place and have had no enquiries. Is it just a quiet time for these services or are nail technicians prefering to go mobile these days?

I'm not a nail technician so any help from you guys would be much appreciated... thanks x

I'm having exactly the same issue!! Where are you based?! And do you mind me asking what rent you charge.... Incase I'm too much I don't know I thought if have got someone instantly!

it was different before because my previous technician had her own set up so I basically halved the rent she paid for her premises, which was great for her as she had overheads to pay there but with me she didn't. As this will be an entirely new business I was thinking of doing a commission agreement which I think will be fairer, maybe taking 20/30% and I'll help with their advertising too, they would also benefit with our existing hair clientele to start building up their own

I posted on the hair geek about the other way around. We are in a beauty salon and have a hair station to rent.

I'm having exactly the same issue!! Where are you based?! And do you mind me asking what rent you charge.... Incase I'm too much I don't know I thought if have got someone instantly!

Hi missmanderella, where in Newcastle are you? I may know of a couple of people looking depending on where you are and what you're offering (PM me if you prefer)

In terms of what a nail tech would look for, I guess it depends on whether they're building from scratch or bringing their own clients. If they're building from scratch they're probably looking for somewhere that's busy, got good foot traffic, somewhere where there isn't a lot of competition etc.

If they're brining their own clients then location, ease of access and growth potential would be high on my list.

For both of these I would be looking for a good raport with the owner, partnership in advertising and branding and perhaps a person who's also like me looking to grow so is proactive.

That's just my tuppence worth, but hope it's of some use.

Latest posts

Back