Neck Massage Timings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
I have a client who wants a neck massage. We never really done much on the neck at college so I've been looking up new moves on youtube. I was thinking to carry out my normal back massage but concentrating more on the neck

How long do you take for a neck massage ?

Never done a neck massage on its own. If someone has neck problems I work on the entire back,neck and shoulders but concentrate on the neck,occipital,scaps etc.
Sometimes the neck can have tightness etc because of something going on in the trapezius or round that area so it's good to work over the entire back,neck and shoulders to try to determine where the problems stem from.Hth

Back, Neck & Shoulder massage usually lasts 30-45min and 'pain in the neck' can come even from legs or lower back, so you should really do the whole procedure, including every part of the back as it is linked together. You need to explain this to your clients and then just do more on the neck and shoulders.

Thanks for all your advice. I'm going to do my normal back massage which has a couple of moves on the neck and add in another few moves over the trapezius and neck as well.

Latest posts

Back