Lash perming then tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceyashley

Reaction score
Hi Im new to salon geek so still abit unsure how this all works :rolleyes:.

I was wondering any of you could help me, I am trained in lash tinting and perming, when I was training which was a few years ago, that i could not do them both on the same day and that you had to leave them at least 24 hours. But I have seen that salon do them on the same day, so i phone my traing school up and asked the question again as things change over the years. They said its fine now and that you can do them on the same day. I really want to know the procedure of them, Do you just do a normal perm and then once the perm is done just do a normal tint or ??? I sound daft but would rather be safe then sorry. If any of you could help that would be great

Thanks Tracey xxxx

Hi

Do your perm as normal, if your system says to put collagen oil on at the end leave this bit off, and do a good cleanse to make sure all products are off.

Do your tint in exactly the same way but you only need to leave the tint on for a few minutes not the normal 10/12 mins.

hth

H x

Some training teaches you to apply the tint whilst the rods are still on the eyes. I personally take the rods off,do a thorough cleanse then pad up the eyes as in a normal tint then apply. As mentioned its not necessary to leave the tint on as long as normal because the eyelashes tint much quicker. I usually leave the tint on for 4 to 5 mins.
I do like to remove the rods from the perm because then you can be assured that the lashes have permed adequately. If you tint the lashes whilst the rods are still on,then remove everything and there wwas an issue you would have to re perm then re tint as the perm takes the tint off the lashes. Hth

I perm. Cleanse eyes then tint xxx

Thanks ladies :) I actually had a go on my mum last night, the perm didn’t take but i did massage the collagen in and then put the tint on. The tint was fine but the perm was not up to scratch, not sure now if it’s because i left the collagen on or if the perming product is out of date. So I’ll give it another go and see what happens. Oh just another question, iv heard that you can get perm in individual packets. But how can you do a test patch on the client or does the kits up with extra so you can. Hope that makes sense lol xx

Thuja do a set with individual sachets of perm, neutralizer etc. However, they don't do a patch test kit - so you end up opening sachets to patch test which will then oxidise (however carefully you seal them) and so they aren't usable after!

However, I think the Thuja products are very good. Love their tinting brush.

I used to tint over the rods - but couldn't reach the roots properly, so now I take rods off, clean and then tint.

I wonder, if one uses the silicon lash lift thingies (the LVL copies from Sallys), if you can get a good tint after perm because the lash is lifted up, and not curled over.....??

Thuja do a set with individual sachets of perm, neutralizer etc. However, they don't do a patch test kit - so you end up opening sachets to patch test which will then oxidise (however carefully you seal them) and so they aren't usable after!

I used to tint over the rods - but couldn't reach the roots properly, so now I take rods off, clean and then tint.

I wonder, if one uses the silicon lash lift thingies (the LVL copies from Sallys), if you can get a good tint after perm because the lash is lifted up, and not curled over.....??

Yes you can get a good tint after a lash lift, but like you have just mentioned I've started to take off the lash lift shields before tinting as I found some of my clients with fair eyelashes had roots when I took the tint off, as I couldn't get the tint right into the root properly.

You can use any leftover products in the sachets to do your patch testing. I do LVL and I keep all the sachets of unused product to use for patch testing. The product will not be effective to use for a treatment but they can be used for patch testing.
I do a tint when the lashes are still on the shields.

You can use any leftover products in the sachets to do your patch testing. I do LVL and I keep all the sachets of unused product to use for patch testing. The product will not be effective to use for a treatment but they can be used for patch testing.
I do a tint when the lashes are still on the shields.

Hi thanks for your reply :) ok but if you use the left overs for testing wont the strength go weaker and may not give you an accurate testing. Hope that makes sense im not very good at explain my self sometimes lol. Have you used then silicon pads? I hate using the rods and the pads look so much easier and give a better result.
Thank You xxxxx
:cool:

You can buy the the Salon System Lashlift from wholesalers and I'm currently about to try out I-appeal's lashlift.

LVL is quite expensive in comparison and you have to do your training with them before they allow you to buy their kits - this is even if you're already qualified in eye treatments & lash perms...

Home - iappeal

Latest posts

Back