Itchy legs after first leg wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Chic

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had a young girl come for her first leg wax last week and has just contacted me to say that her legs haven't stopped itching since having them done. I have done her eyebrows several times and had no problem. Am just wondering if she has a had a slight allergic reaction. Has anyone ever had this happen before as I have never had it before. She has got a bit of ezcema on her face but her legs were smooth and showed no signs of contra indications! I will check to see if she used any lotions or potions within the 24hrs after having it done (but I did advice her about aftercare) but not really sure what to advise. Perhaps suggest an antihistamine with some cooling after wax lotion and if it doesn't get better in a day or so perhaps a GP should look at them?? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Oo ill be really interested to see the replys as one of my clients had exactly the same thing with her first leg wax she has underarms bikini and eyebrows which are all fine.its just her legs which itch.

I have never had a client come back to me with this problem, I on the otherhand get it every single time, I do full leg underarm and Brazilian as its due, about 1 and a half weeks after my legs and armpits for a couple of days itch like crazy, I just smother my legs in my daughters sudo cream (im not recommending you tell your client this however it does work ;) then when I have a bath i really exfoliate my legs and underarms, I have always just presumed its the new hair breaking through the skin as my hair is very fine from years of waxing probably like that of your young client, (could be completely wrong) itching only lasts a couple of days, I am so used to it now. In my opinion id say its just down to the person? x

Hi.i no nothing about waxing but just thought I would mention,that every time over the years,I have had my legs waxed I get this itch.the itch is worse if I am in the bath.but will also say that the epalater(spelt wrong)does the same to me.which theres no chemicals used as its like a razer.will be keen to see other posts :-/

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Every now and then you'll have a client react. It's not a serious allergy, but some people just have a reaction; maybe a slight itch or some have raised itchy red pimples (urticaria or hives). Advise them to take a piriton tablet just before a wax appt. and take one 4 - 6 hours after depending on the manufacturers instructions. That should do the trick. :)

Luckily we have not had it with any clients but I itch for ages after I have had my legs waxed, even to the stage where I am covered in a rash not just in the leg are waxed but also the crook of both my arms.

This has been happening for years and doesn't matter what type of wax is used. It goes away after a few days and at its worse I just put some 'itchy" cream on it!

For some reasons it doesn't affect me when I have other parts of the body waxed.

Latest posts

Back