To Express Lash or not to Express Lash, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Within

Reaction score
Hey geeks!
I searched through lots of lash threads but getting all confused and forgetting what i read and where i read it.
so sorry if this is a repeat but what iv read still hasnt helped me decided to do a express lash course i am sp trained with Lash perfect and in the process of maybe booking on the training course.

The things that interest me is, it only takes half an hour, its a cheaper alternative for clients and iv read you can get a fuller look with express?

The things that concerned me are, i read someone was really sore after?
people felt they wasted time and money on training?

I just dont know what to do????????
Any help or advice would be much appreicated :Love:

I am trained with Lash Perfect and my honest opinion is that if your insurance doesn't need you to do a course to offer express then don't bother. It is so easy to do compared to a full set of sp and if you are already a confident lasher you may consider it a waste of your time and money.

However, having said that I did enjoy the course and learnt some things about my technique that have made my application even better.

As far as bookings, I've had a fair few bookings, for younger clients they were popular for xmas and party bookings, for older clients considering sp lashes I say its a good way to try them before making a full commitment.

Basically if you are looking to expand your knowledge in general and the expenditure is not vital in your day to day life then go for it. If you are expecting great things from it then maybe not, this is just my personal opinion.

hth

H xx

I personally do not offer them, when I did my initial training for them my model said they hurt after a few days of lash growth, they look great but I just worry about them getting too popular and a lot of girls having these done as opposed to individuals and wanting the cheaper alternative. Therapists should offer removal with a full set, I have also found some people stating different lengths of time these can be on for?!

Thanks for your replies!
the thing that bothers me is them being unconfortable for the clients when their done.

I got told it was different glue to the other method???
:D x

I used the weaker fume less glue when I did my training, funnily enough I got asked about them tonight, I understand people want a cheaper alternative but I've found a lot of clients want these continuously instead of paying for individuals, they are not being informed they are a 2 week then removal set and the damage they can cause to the natural lash.

Yeah I totally agree when you say people go for cheaper and not paying for the individuals it, although I don't do a huge amount of individuals myself and the clients I do will carry on with the individuals. I do quite a few of the cluster/party lashes for people who want a one off, express would be a nicer alternative for them?
What else is different in the kit, the training includes a kit with the glue so really its just fume free glue???? I'm getting more confused aaarrrggghhh lol :D

Latest posts

Back