Help! What to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vida

Reaction score
Hi,
I am writing this because it is my way of getting it out of my chest! My 16th year old daughter went and had a tattoo done this afternoon. Well. . . I am not happy about it for lots of different reasons but the main problem is that SHE DOES NOT LIKE IT ANYMORE AND REFUSES TO GO OUT AT ALL. I think she had learnt a lesson about all of this, but she has been crying and asking me what we can do?? It was done on the inside of her upper arm!! I know about the legal side of all of this, but my priority is to do something!!
Any advices??
Thanks for reading:rolleyes:

If you can find a practitioner (either a tattooist, but more probably someone who does permanent make up) who uses E-Raze tattoo removal, she stands a fair chance of getting a lot of it removed in one session as the ink is so new.

Check out the E-raze.co.uk website to see if there is someone close to you.

This is not a simple matter - but it can be addressed. You MUST follow up the legal repercussions. It simply isn't enough for a tattooist to believe a minor when they say they are 18.

Hope this helps.

I've heard of e-raze too from tattooist friends and I'd say it's definitely worth looking into ASAP. X

awww thanks for your advice. Been looking into it. Will let you know!

Hi,
I am writing this because it is my way of getting it out of my chest! My 16th year old daughter went and had a tattoo done this afternoon. Well. . . I am not happy about it for lots of different reasons but the main problem is that SHE DOES NOT LIKE IT ANYMORE AND REFUSES TO GO OUT AT ALL. I think she had learnt a lesson about all of this, but she has been crying and asking me what we can do?? It was done on the inside of her upper arm!! I know about the legal side of all of this, but my priority is to do something!!
Any advices??
Thanks for reading:rolleyes:

ahh hun :( I just gasped when I read this however I did exactly the same when I was 16, luckily its on my back so i dont see it, but when i do I hate it, I would most likely sue the salon and use the money for her to have it lasered off. x

I'm having mine lasered off, just need to pluck up the courage & money to do it. Hope your daughter gets sorted x x

The amount of people I have heard of over the years who get a tattoo and years later want shut of it. Just so glad I never got one.
To the original poster ' How come your daughter want's rid of her tattoo so soon? What caused her to change her mind within a few hours?

I have 13 tattoos, my first when I was 16!

I don't regret any of them but that's me. I wouldn't pay for her to have it removed if it was me but I can't see how upset she is. If I had the intention of getting it removed for her
I would make her sweat to really drum it into her. Maybe I'm cruel. As temp measure though jumpers and/ or camouflage make up may help xxx

I have 13 tattoos, my first when I was 16!

I don't regret any of them but that's me. I wouldn't pay for her to have it removed if it was me but I can't see how upset she is. If I had the intention of getting it removed for her
I would make her sweat to really drum it into her. Maybe I'm cruel. As temp measure though jumpers and/ or camouflage make up may help xxx

Proper princess i totally agree with you. Sweat it out. Maybe that is cruel but lessons are ment to be learnt in situations like this. I would definitely pursue them legally. I have 18 tattoos and have had them by different artists so i can say i have had a fair amount of insight into the tattoo world and no way would a reputable artist risk there reputation etc to do underage jobs. This is what concerns me more is the cowboys that are doing this. I would definitely check with your daughter that the place was clean etc too. For peice of mind. Maybe she will get used to the tattoo? I am curious why she dislikes it so readily. But i have some i don't like. I would not remove them though. Just accept thats life. Hope you manage to resolve this xxx

Oh bless her, the silly little thing. I was a very self-conscious teen and can understand her not wanting to go out, but if it's on her upper arm, does a t-shirt cover it for now?

What has made her change her mind so quickly? Out of curiosity, what was it of?

Did the tattooist ask for any ID or get her to sign anything? I agree that this could be a way of getting the money together for a removal. Maybe even get in touch with them and tell them she was under age and is very unhappy and see what they suggest...obviously you don't have to take them up on their suggestion, just an idea xx

If I were you and you went on to get it removed, I would definitely make her pay for it! Whether it be from wages if she has a job, or pocket money, or wages when she does get a job! At least this way it will teach her that she can't just go and get another and think "it's ok, if I don't like it, Mum will pay to get it removed for me!" hopefully this will teach her a lesson that this is not something to be rushed in to (not that I have anything against tattoos)! I would also pursue this case with the tattoo shop as like others have said, no professional would just take someone's word for it that they are over 18! Hth Hun xxx

P.S. I do feel sorry for your daughter though Hun, she must feel awful right now :(

I aaaaalways asked for a tattoo when I was a teen, mum always said no!
So soon as I turned 18 I had 1... (behind my ear of all places) and I hate it.
Luckily I can't see it tho so I forget it's there! Surely with it been on the inside of her arm, it can be covered with clothing at the moment?! I'm sure she's learnt her lesson and as others say discuss removal?

What is it of? X x

I have tattoos that I love and I understand that teenagers can be trying but this is ILLEGAL. Please contact the appropriate authorities to report this tattoo studio before they permanently mark any more children. Hopefully tattooing minors is the only thing this studio is doing wrong and they have used safe procedures during the treatment.

I just had a wowcher email for tattoo removal what a coincidence lol £59 for 2"x2" area or £99 for 4"x4" area sounds a pricey task x

I have tattoos that I love and I understand that teenagers can be trying but this is ILLEGAL. Please contact the appropriate authorities to report this tattoo studio before they permanently mark any more children. Hopefully tattooing minors is the only thing this studio is doing wrong and they have used safe procedures during the treatment.

You're assuming it's a studio... I know of people who just tattoo "mates" from home and don't follow the appropriate procedures... (On the other hand my own tattooist has a studio set up at home and is probably cleaner and better than most shop studios I've seen...)
Regardless I'm sure it would be covered by some sort of law, but legal issue aside - the first job is to address the tattoo and it's possible removal I guess :) Hopefully it's small and not too painful/expensive to have removed...

As everyone else has said it is illegal. However, my Son had a tattoo at 15, obviously I went mad and was going to report the tattoo artist, it then came to light that my Son had produced a fake birth certificate which I would have thought was the real thing if I hadnt given birth to him!

Thank you so much to all f you! I am more relaxed about it now! I think that she did not like it because it does not look nice. She went to an unknown place with her friends because it was soooo cheap for the 4 of them (special offer/ silly girls). The other 3 girls are in the same situation. I have found actually that there is a way to have it removed, but we need to wait for 8 weeks. She does not know yet, but she needs to learn a lesson in the tough way. The four Mums will take them after summer, and they will have to pay for it!! That's a plan. Thanks again! xxx

If you wouldn't mind could you tell me how the tattoo will be removed? My friend has a tattoo she really hates and has been looking at the different options of removal. Thanks

Latest posts

Back