Male Lower Back Wax - help needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellishbellish

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm hoping you can help me! I have just had a phone call for a waxing booking on Friday for a man and his wife. His wife is having bikini (fine) and she has asked to book him in for a lower back wax. Thing is I have never actually done one! It is not on my price list either, so I'm guessing she hasn't seen what I offer.

As I have not done it before (have seen Andy Rouillard do one at a Prof Beauty Seminar) could you advise on anything? I'm unsure where to start if it is a lower back wax, where to finish, positions etc. I was thinking of using strip wax as opposed to hot wax, would you do this? Also, as it isn't on my price list, what would you charge? I was wondering whether to charge the same as a 1/2 leg for a woman, as it will probably use a similar amount of wax.

Any help would be hugely appreciated! I can wax and everything, but am just after these pointers for this area! Thankyou for your help!

don't stress.... you will be fine. This is what I do:

ask client to lie on tummy. Place towel over top of jeans/bottoms and tuck under, shifting the bottoms down until you just see the top of the bum about to peep over. Cleanse area from top of bum to small of back with surgical spirit or pre-wax (I use surgical spirit as male hair is coarser and so I like to have a good cleanse in preparation for any trauma). You will see where to wax up to as you generally see a good growth of hair on the lower back and then it will fade to sparse further up - this is likely why client has asked for lower back only, he is unlikely to have a very hairy back and just want lower done :irked: So, work the wax from the side inwards towards the small of back - obviously in direction of hair growth. Then remove against... its actually one of the easiest waxes to do. Very easy once you get the hang of it. I do this up the back, then do the same on the other half - from side to small of back working up. Then I finish with savlon on a back to sooth... :Kissing:

I do exactly the same, however, I finish with after wax oil followed by cooling cream! It's an easy area to wax x

I only wax male clients and often guys that dont have a hairy back want just either a lower back back or an upper back wax, its quite a common request.

For lower I often use a mix of strip and non strip wax ; depending on the type of hair if its fine or coarse. Apply some hot wax from mid back to the sacrum, then apply hot wax on the two sides of the butt towards the sacrum and then I use strip waxes on the remaining hair. Blend the hair on the top of the butt line as necessary and use your usual post waxing creams etc.

HTH Jack

Thankyou all so much for replying! You've made it sound do-able so fingers crossed I will be fine. Thanks for talking me through your routines too! In terms of costing what would you charge for this, and for what type of wax? (I charge less with strip if I offer the choice of wax on the same area).

Also do you blend it at the side of the torso as it goes onto the front/stomach area?

Thanks again guys...you help so much xxx

Latest posts

Back