Using too much tan solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Looking for some advice / tips geeks!

I've done a few tans now with my new TS20, I'm only doing one coat, have my setting at about 8 o'clock and I'm using about 75ml.... How else can I reduce this to 50ml, is this something else I could be doing?

Thanks Geeks

Xx

How far away are you spraying you may be having too much overspray. Or move faster if you are leaving the client wet at all

Are you doing the couch roll test? what's your dial set at? X

How far away are you spraying you may be having too much overspray. Or move faster if you are leaving the client wet at all

To be honest, I am probably spraying too far away to be fair! I feel my clients like to stand far back in the tent! Lol! Maybe I need to get them to step right to the front! How far would you recommend? X

To be honest, I am probably spraying too far away to be fair! I feel my clients like to stand far back in the tent! Lol! Maybe I need to get them to step right to the front! How far would you recommend? X

Put a towel in the bottom of your tent were you want them to stand.. That way they'll stand on it & won't be too far back.. they'll be stood exactly were you want them to be stood x

If they are standing too far back, paint a little X on the floor of the tan tent in nail polish or put down a little towel so they know where to stand. Works a treat xx

Lol...great minds Lush-Lash xx

Are you doing the couch roll test? what's your dial set at? X

Yeah doing the couch roll test hun and the back is dry. Gun is set at about 8 o'clock :/

Yeah doing the couch roll test hun and the back is dry. Gun is set at about 8 o'clock :/

Turn the dial slightly back towards the 9 o' clock, it really does make a difference with how much you use. You will get your usage down doing that, mines set between 8/9 I use 40-50ml x

Hi,
Try turing the dial down to even 10 o'clock, and try spraying at approx 6/8" away from body max. Keep the gun flowing and moving at the same speed, no need to tan too slowly. 35ml is achievable, 25 tans per litre approx give or take. The skin should look almost dry once finished very little drying needed afterwards. If your client stands a few inches infront of the extracter fan they are in perfect position then in tent for you to spray them, good luck, you will get there,

Sorry to interrupt but I don't understand what this dial thing is? You know 9 o'clock and 10 oclock?? Where is it on the gun? I'm probs being stupid lol x

Sorry to interrupt but I don't understand what this dial thing is? You know 9 o'clock and 10 oclock?? Where is it on the gun? I'm probs being stupid lol x

If you totally close your Black knob on the end above the handle (technical terms haha) turn it clockwise to close it, mark with nail varnish or tipex 12 o'clock on it then twist it anti clockwise to where 8 o'clock would be (if you were looking at a clock) hope this makes sense lol x

Haha ok reading that back, I didn't make much sense (I knew what I meant in my head, you need to be phsycic to understand me! Lol) I will find the video that Steve@nouvatan done about setting up the tS20, this will show you what I mean xxx

I will try going to 9 o'clock and stepping closer! I think I'm still trying to see too much guide colour! I'm trying to make the guide dark rather than trust my instincts! Lol! I will get there with time! I'm busy this week so that will help me! Lol! The tans are coming out great though, so that's good! Lol x

Oh I see I will have to look on my gun! I was using so much solution before and even when I turn it down it didn't make a diff! But I changed the dial where the tan was coming out and it seemed to work as its not coming out so fast or as much. Is it possible for that to make a difference ? Or have I just got a dodgy machine?!lol!xx

It seemed to be turned round about 3 times...?? Lol my tabs r coming out fine but just was wondering!!!

Wow you must be using a hell of a lot of solution then! Lol! How much do you te think you use in one tan?
Yeah close it all the way hun and just open it slightly to maybe 8 or 9 o'clock like everyone says, then measure the amount of solution you're using!!!
The end result of the tan won't be any different (apart from they won't be as wet after the tan! Lol)

I've been trained about a month or so now so it was a case of trial and error and yeah i was using so much! So upsetting as using xen tan and they're so expensive!! Have done a few more tans now and it's coming out the right consistency how I like it! Thinking of changing tans though! What do you use?

Got to try this girls. Tipped at the ready tomorrow. I'm using about 65ml but have only used my new ts20 once so we will see cx don't like wasting my lovely solution x

Latest posts

Back