Brazilian wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza*

Reaction score
I'm going to sound so stupid but it's got to be done. Is a brazilian wax the whole lot of and a strip on the top part or is it two or three fingers all the way round? If that makes sense.

Sorry not too sure what you mean. A Brazilian is everything off...I think lol. A Bollywood is everything but a strip hth x

I think.the names differ from area /salon etc. To me Brazilian leaves a small strip (inc taking off bum) and Hollywood is everything off! Also a French is most of the top being taken off, (not the bum) and British just the knicker line x

i think every salon has a different definition but what i do is brazilian-everything off apart from a landing strip at the front and everything off underneath and at the back. if you just check with the girl before you start. some of my clients book for brazilian but dont like getting the bac done. i dont know about other places but if your wanting something left underneath maybe look for a "g-string" wax. hope that helps.xx

A brazilian wax to most people is landing strip and nothing else.

For the other type of wax you're describing, I usually see it named the "g-string wax".

To me a brazillian is a strip up top and all the way around but you can remove any outside of the strip around the back /underneath an a hollywood is everything.....

Frustrating and confusing that its different from salon to salon and country to country, if we get confused imagine the clients!

I had a lady in the ther day telling me she wanted a brazillian and her usual therapist took 10 mins. I panicked as Im fairly new to intimate waxing and when it came to it she wanted a regular bikini and a little off the top......

Thank you for your reply's. I did a course on January. Thought it was Hollywood and Brazilian got there and it was just Brazilian. I've been doing what I was shown to do ad clients keep saying that they wanted more off. One client even googled it and said I was doing it wrong, been so confused looked like I need to do another course! Thank you

In the salon I go to, brazilian is a strip all the way down and underneath. California is everything off underneath and a landing strip up top. Hollywood is everything off.

But it does seem to differ in other salons.

In the salon I go to, brazilian is a strip all the way down and underneath. California is everything off underneath and a landing strip up top. Hollywood is everything off.

But it does seem to differ in other salons.

This is exactly what each is to me too :D

See I thought it was everything off apart from the little landing strip at the front!
If there is anybody in Somerset who does a brazillian this way PLEASE let me know as I've been to two Brazillian waxes and what they did was little more than a bikini wax.
I really want a decent Brazillian but am sick of wasting my time in naughty salons charging £20 for a bikini wax instead of a Brazilian! Lol.

To me a Hollywood is everything, a brazilian is everything but a small strip on the pubis, a gstring follows the natural line of a g-string (so some left on the labia and a strip on the pubis) and a bikini just follows a normal knicker line. I have put diagrams on my waxing before after care advice sheet with what each one is so my clients can see exactly what each one is!
Tinax

See I thought it was everything off apart from the little landing strip at the front!
If there is anybody in Somerset who does a brazillian this way PLEASE let me know as I've been to two Brazillian waxes and what they did was little more than a bikini wax.
I really want a decent Brazillian but am sick of wasting my time in naughty salons charging £20 for a bikini wax instead of a Brazilian! Lol.

Try googling Lycon in your area babes, if they use lycon then they have to have the training and so you will get a proper brazilian. xxxxx

Try googling Lycon in your area babes, if they use lycon then they have to have the training and so you will get a proper brazilian. xxxxx

Thankyou.

It's been so annoying in the past, plucking up the courage to get it done, for it not to get done. I end up thinking there must be something wrong why they aren't doing it! Lol.

In my salon;

Hollywood - everything off, inc bum

Brazilian - everything off, inc bum, leaving a small strip of hair on the pubis

G-string - bum, high sides top and underneath (like a g-string)

High bikini - high sides, underneath and a little off top

Bikini - knicker line

I describe these on my website and every time i have a new client in i explain what their chosen bikini wax includes and ask if this is what they wanted. Every now and again the client says that wasn't what they meant, that they wanted more or less off, so it is worth checking xx

Lovebeauty, i feel your pain! So annoying when you go for a brazilian and it's actually just a high bikini line...sigh xx

were I am a Hollywood is the strip left & the brazillian is everything off..

weird how all areas name things different :confused: xxx

To me a Hollywood is everything, a brazilian is everything but a small strip on the pubis, a gstring follows the natural line of a g-string (so some left on the labia and a strip on the pubis) and a bikini just follows a normal knicker line. I have put diagrams on my waxing before after care advice sheet with what each one is so my clients can see exactly what each one is!
Tinax

Hi MisstyB, do you mind sharing your afterwax care with the diagram? If so, I can PM you my email address. Many thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I'm going to sound so stupid but it's got to be done. Is a brazilian wax the whole lot of and a strip on the top part or is it two or three fingers all the way round? If that makes sense.
I tell you what I'm going to do as well, I'm going to get 'The Whole Ball Of Wax' DVD from the Berins website as that goes through all waxing with an expert called Lori Nestore and it goes through Brazillian Waxing.
I'm going to do a separate Brazillian Waxing course too but I'd like to use the DVD as a training aid. As you have already done the training having a decent DVD to refer to may be better than training again.

P.s. The DVD is expensive but if you do a search on here it has rave review by Geeks. :)

Hi MisstyB, do you mind sharing your afterwax care with the diagram? If so, I can PM you my email address. Many thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Sorry only just saw this, yes no probs pm me your email and I will send it over xxxxxx

In my salon;

Hollywood - everything off, inc bum

Brazilian - everything off, inc bum, leaving a small strip of hair on the pubis

G-string - bum, high sides top and underneath (like a g-string)

High bikini - high sides, underneath and a little off top

Bikini - knicker line

I describe these on my website and every time i have a new client in i explain what their chosen bikini wax includes and ask if this is what they wanted. Every now and again the client says that wasn't what they meant, that they wanted more or less off, so it is worth checking xx

Lovebeauty, i feel your pain! So annoying when you go for a brazilian and it's actually just a high bikini line...sigh xx

Mines is EXACTLY the same!

Latest posts

Back