Tint on grey haired lady's brows, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi geeks
After some, hopefully simple, advice. I have a lady in Tomo for a brow tint, she has been patch tested and is fine. She has yellowy White brow hair and obviously will discuss what colour she is hoping to achieve with her but I was wondering if you could offer any advice on the treatment, I know grey hair will take longer to tint but I havent done someone with grey hair before. I used refectocil tint, can I expect a good full coverage?
Any advice welcome :)
Thanks guys

I usually tint grey colouring with Brown and a dash of grey in, gives it a bit more depth of colour. I also find grey a little unpredictable re how it takes, so I would keep taking off and reapplying till I was happy! (Esp as its her first time, next time you will know) x

I find the worst problem with doing clients brows who are very grey is when they say they don't want them too dark! Grey hairs are notorious for being resistant, and it's crucial you get right down to the base so she/he doesn't end up with partially tinted hairs.Grey roots.
I would add a tiny amount of black to the brown. Just to add a bit of depth plus to ensure the brow hair doesn't go gingery which can easily happen when tinting very grey hair brown. However this will obviously depend on the clients wishes.
If virtually all the hair is grey it's a case of putting tint on and taking off until you get required coverage,however when there's only areas of grey and the client wants a colour match I would put tint all over,then only reapply to the greyer hair.
it does take longer to tint so allow yourself plenty of time,especially if you're fairly new to it.incidently it's important to let the client know that the brows will look darker initially but they will fade and therefor it's better for them to be slightly darker than they would want or the colour fade will be much quicker. Hth a bit.

Thankyou Guys, great advice from both of you there :)

My concern is that it will either go that little bit too dark or ginger.....not sure which of your options to go for....eek!

Thankyou for taking time out to reply.

I'm a bit late here to help you but i always use the light brown refectocil , paint it onto the grey hairs only and then when i am happy with the tint on them i brush the colour through the rest of the brow to even out the brow colour.
of course this all depends on the clients skin/hair colouring, you may as the others have suggested do a bit of mixing to get a better match.
good luck

Latest posts

Back