Changing Wax in Heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Apologies if this sounds super thick or it's been asked before (I have searched but can't seem to find the answer I need)

I'm training for Beauty Level 2 - we're up to waxing now so I've been practising at home with my heater. I've been using the Hive Gold Wax (honey wax) but the tubs I've bought to use from now on are the creme wax by Salon Services.

The time has come to were I only have 5mm ish layer of the wax left and I need to add more but as it's a different brand and type, what do i do?

Am I meant to use every last drop of the wax to completely clear it of the honey one (although it's getting difficult to reach and in a salon situation I wouldnt have time for the new wax to melt?) would it be ok to put in the creme one with the last drops of honey or am I meant to have a separate metal container for each type?

This probably sounds almost laughable but I figured if I was wondering this then at some point - someone else will too!

Thanks in advance !

x

dont think it's a stupid question at all - that's what sg is about!

I personally wouldn't mix the two waxes. It you dont have another container (although you can buy them for about £9 last time i looked), I would heat the remaining wax up to max temperature, (stay with it the whole time tho, coz it may start smoking), then pour onto bunched up couch roll and dispose. Once container has cooled enough, I would clean with wax equipment cleaner until no residue, wash with soapy water, dry and decant new wax.

Quite an effort imo, for the sake of a few quid, but if you intend to only use your new wax for the immediate future, then give it a try.

ps, some wax tubs can be put straight into heater without the need to decant into metal containers first, but you need to check instructions first. hth xxx

dont think it's a stupid question at all - that's what sg is about!

I personally wouldn't mix the two waxes. It you dont have another container (although you can buy them for about £9 last time i looked), I would heat the remaining wax up to max temperature, (stay with it the whole time tho, coz it may start smoking), then pour onto bunched up couch roll and dispose. Once container has cooled enough, I would clean with wax equipment cleaner until no residue, wash with soapy water, dry and decant new wax.

Quite an effort imo, for the sake of a few quid, but if you intend to only use your new wax for the immediate future, then give it a try.

ps, some wax tubs can be put straight into heater without the need to decant into metal containers first, but you need to check instructions first. hth xxx

Ahhh Elaine! Thank you!

This wax brand came with the starter kit so I won't be using it again. I probably will buy a second container as I figured I would at least have one for sensitive skin and perhaps a tea tree one.

It seems a shame to throw any of it away but my next practice session I know I'll be scraping the life out of it and then totally run out half way through!

Thanks again - Karen x

Not silly at all, I was a bit confused when I first come across this situation too!

I ended up pouring away a lot of wax because I was too impatient to finish it all before switching over to my better wax. Oh well, worth it in the end!

Latest posts

Back