What do you think spray tan geeks, need your help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collic05

Reaction score
I've decided to do a course in spray tanning as an extension to my nail and lash business and had pretty much decided to go with Sienna x due to their reputation and I thought the product was good. I had also decided to buy the spray machine and tent from Fresh Indulgence as was so much cheaper, and get the training and solution from Sienna x. I know recently they've put up their prices for their solution and compared to other companies are really expensive. I was just wondering if it's worth spending that much just for the reputation and the Sienna x name? When I know there are a lot of other really good companies out there. I thought that if people saw that I was advertising my spray tans as Sienna x they may recognise the name and could make me more money but I'm not sure that would be the case? Is spending double on setting up my spray tan business with Sienna x compared to other companies really an investment or not? What do you think spray tan geeks

Hi, I have been using Sienna since last July and love it, however, recently I have noticed a slight difference in the product (wear off isnt as good as it used to be) and along with the quite big price increase I have decided to trial Nouvatan, Had my first tan yesterday and seems very nice and natural, just going to see what the wear off. It is far cheaper and seems as good as Sienna.

To be honest, I have a client base of over 200 people now and hardly any of them actually ask what I am using as long as they are happy with the final result. I also always ask what products they have used at salons before and it isnt very often that any of them know that either.

All I would say is research and trial your product before you shell out as it is a big outlay and the quality of the product/tan can meann your business will grow sucessfully or not.. Good luck xx

Thanks Littleem for the advice it's a lot of money to spend and I don't want to make the wrong decision.

In my opinion, and a lot of other geeks, Nouvatan is a far better bet than Sienna for loads of reasons. Have you tried the 'search' button at the top as there are a lot of related ones to have a look at..

I trialled several tan solutions from inexpensive upwards, and Nouvatan was the one for me! My clients dont come to me because I use a big named tan, but because they get a great natural looking tan than lasts well and fades well. Its reasonable for us professionals to buy and the customer service is awesome! Hope this helps x

I use la tan and nouvatan, thought I would get some Sienna x in to try, advertised as Sienna x and no one wanted a Sienna tan. I sprayed one of my clients with the Sienna x to see what it was like and it was awful, so orange. She looked like a satsuma and she hated it. Really didn't like it so I have just sold it to another tanner.

The only good thing I liked about Sienna was the smell of the solution. I will only use la tan or nouvatan as they are both so natural lovely tans :)

I'd go back to fresh indulgence and trial a few samples! You will be surprised how nice the fade off is and the colour is beautiful. The smell is lovely and price is great x

Latest posts

Back