Yet more waxing drama..help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisstyB

Reaction score
Hi geeks, yet another waxing question I am afraid, I had a client today who was so hairy, her legs were hairier than my hubbys, and she had the kind of hair that just continued up to her bikini, the hair was so thick and grew every which way, not helped by the fact that her last wax was 4 months ago...it took me over an hour and a half to do her bikini and full legs, because the hair growth was so odd I found that in places it was snapping off meaning I had to tweeze quite a bit also, what is the best way to go about waxing this kind of client? apart from getting the weedwacker out!!! Yet again I end up a hot sweaty mess with wax everywhere...any advice would be gratefully recieved as I am in Spain I now have quite a lot of spanish clients so feel like I need to get used to dealing with this kind of heavy thick hair growth.
Tinaxx

Hi,
I have a few clients who's hair is like this. Getting the client to come in 4 weekly is a must.i would trim the hair first given the fact it was as long as you've said and that the client was of Spanish origin,stronger hair growth etc.
It would probably be better for you to use non strip wax for this type of hair,especially for the bikini area.However this isn't a must.
Once the hair is trimmed you will find the whole process is easier because if it's too long the hair becomes matted and this makes the removal a whole lot harder and also this can cause the hair to break off because the adhesion of wax to the strip is a mangled mess of long hair plus it's harder to remove the hair in the correct direction because of it being matted.
Don't despair. Once you've got used to treating clients like this it will become second nature. Also as I've said once you've got the client coming in for regular treatments the hair will become easier to remove. Hth

Thankyou babsann,
I did think about trimming but wasnt sure how to go about it on her legs??! She was the tiniest little thing you ever saw...was gutted it took me so long. I have a silmilar client coming back tomorrow so I will see how i get on! I always use hot wax on the bikini and seriously considered it on her legs but not sure she would have paid the extra money. I know that like anything it takes time to build up experience...but was just starting to feel really confident with my waxing!!
Thanks again tinax

Thankyou babsann,
I did think about trimming but wasnt sure how to go about it on her legs??! She was the tiniest little thing you ever saw...was gutted it took me so long. I have a silmilar client coming back tomorrow so I will see how i get on! I always use hot wax on the bikini and seriously considered it on her legs but not sure she would have paid the extra money. I know that like anything it takes time to build up experience...but was just starting to feel really confident with my waxing!!
Thanks again tinax

Just use a regular rechargeable trimmer. Keep it plugged in as you will probably find you need to use it quite regularly. Don't let this incident knock your confidence. Make sure you don't take the hair too short just trim slightly. A little longer is better than too short.

Can I ask what wax you were using? I'm wondering if changing your wax might make it easier... Obviously if she has heavy hair growth all up her leg then it's not like with my legs where no-one would EVER notice if my thighs hadn't been waxed... :) so it will take a little longer than someone with sparse or very light coloured hair growth. If it's particularly thick I'd possibly be tempted to use the Lori speed waxing method but with narrower strips? It may just be a matter of trial and error :)

I currently use Lycon but am going to change to PR (please see my other waxing disaster threads!!!) I have watched the Lori speed waxing on youtube and am using this tecqnique now....she was just so hairy poor thing, I had a similar client a month ago and she was booked in for today and after yesterday was kind of dreading it, but it all went great, managed a full leg and bikini in an hour, which for me is good!! I will defo look into buying a trimmer as I am finding that people spend the whole winter growing a winter coat and then come in and need waxing for the summer!!
Thanks for all your comments, xxxxxx

I currently use Lycon but am going to change to PR (please see my other waxing disaster threads!!!) I have watched the Lori speed waxing on youtube and am using this tecqnique now....she was just so hairy poor thing, I had a similar client a month ago and she was booked in for today and after yesterday was kind of dreading it, but it all went great, managed a full leg and bikini in an hour, which for me is good!! I will defo look into buying a trimmer as I am finding that people spend the whole winter growing a winter coat and then come in and need waxing for the summer!!
Thanks for all your comments, xxxxxx

Wow, I'm really looking forward to moving to Spain now :-/

x

Can I ask what wax you were using? I'm wondering if changing your wax might make it easier... Obviously if she has heavy hair growth all up her leg then it's not like with my legs where no-one would EVER notice if my thighs hadn't been waxed... :) so it will take a little longer than someone with sparse or very light coloured hair growth. If it's particularly thick I'd possibly be tempted to use the Lori speed waxing method but with narrower strips? It may just be a matter of trial and error :)

Wow, I'm really looking forward to moving to Spain now :-/

x

hmmm yes the spanish are certainly a bit more hairy than us english girls, but they are a pleasure to work on, most of them have been waxing since their early teens. When you moving to spain escarleta? and where abouts?
xxxx

I really feel for you. To be honest, what took you a long time wasn't because she was hairy but as you said, because it was growing in all different directions. Hopefully they won't all be like that.

Using hot wax all over the legs is a very expensive option and will take you even longer. With clients like that, section each part of the leg rather than cover all of the area. It'll be faster that way. Still a pain though.

I would trim the hair first given the fact it was as long as you've said and that the client was of Spanish origin,stronger hair growth etc.
It would probably be better for you to use non strip wax for this type of hair,especially for the bikini area.
g.gif

Thank you all for your lovely comments, its something that I defo need to deal with, I have asked some Spanish friends to come in for me to practice on, Kim so funny as was just looking at your eyebrow shaping courses : )
xxx

Thank you all for your lovely comments, its something that I defo need to deal with, I have asked some Spanish friends to come in for me to practice on, Kim so funny as was just looking at your eyebrow shaping courses : )
xxx
You'd love it as generally, the Spanish ladies have lots of brow to shape. Lucky you!

BTW, I have never trimmed legs in my life…….male or female. You really don't need to.

You'd love it as generally, the Spanish ladies have lots of brow to shape. Lucky you!

BTW, I have never trimmed legs in my life…….male or female. You really don't need to.

I really love doing brows and yes your right I am so lucky as my clients have plenty to work with so you can really see a huge difference, hence me looking at brow courses, I feel that the HD course is to expensive for me as no one here has heard of them, do you cover tinting also? I will defo book with you at some stage this year, I like to try and tie in a couple of courses if I can when I come over to make the trip cost effective.
I am not sure on the whole trimming thing as I imagine that you end up with hair everywhere!!
xxxx

I really love doing brows and yes your right I am so lucky as my clients have plenty to work with so you can really see a huge difference, hence me looking at brow courses, I feel that the HD course is to expensive for me as no one here has heard of them, do you cover tinting also? I will defo book with you at some stage this year, I like to try and tie in a couple of courses if I can when I come over to make the trip cost effective.
I am not sure on the whole trimming thing as I imagine that you end up with hair everywhere!!
xxxx
Yes, I cover tinting on my course.

Don't trim unless you have to. Yes, it's very messy:(

I completely agree with this. I've waxed myself with long hair growth (I'm from the med lol) and its always come out - especially with PR. amazing :) x

Latest posts

Back