Make Up brands - Help??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb78

Reaction score
Hi - I'm trying to decide on what make up brand to buy for my salon (I'm already trained in Airbase and also trained in standard and special occasion make up - most of my bookings coming up are for brides) and ideally want to offer a brand that people can't just go and buy in a department store!

Can anyone recommend any please - I've searched the net till my eyes hurt and still can't make a decision!! Has anyone tried NYX make up - any thoughts please? It seems a slightly cheaper version of Mac, but would be good to hear of any experiences with using it.

I do keep going back to Mac (I trained using that and have used it myself) but like I say above, ideally would like to offer a product that can't be easily purchased by the client themselves.

Thank yoooouuu x

Do you need to sell make up in the salon? Can't you just have a kit to do people's make up but not actually sell it? I have to say I wouldn't buy a make up brand that I'd never heard of in a beauty salon, I would rather buy a recognisable brand from a department store.

I have used some NYX products, you can buy them cheaply over the internet from the USA. They are okay, but for me they're 'I want a cheap eyeshadow that I might only wear twice so I don't want to spend a lot' kinda products - I wouldn't rave about them. They are not equivalent to MAC in my opinion.

I've seen a few people on here mention Jane Iredale mineral cosmetics. I think they are a brand that sells via salons. Also Lily Lolo mineral makeup is available to sell in salon and is otherwise sold via the internet (not in dept stores). I hate mineral make up myself, but it's fashionable at the moment so might be worth a look.

There are a couple of spas near me that sell Bare Minerals - they are not available in all dept stores as far as I know, just the really big ones - and there is a make up parlour that sells eyelashes, Barry M lip & nail colours (but nothing else, no foundations, blush etc).

Mineral Hygienics is another good one which is building a name for itself but not readily available for retail customers in shops.

Iv just completed my make up course with an absolutely AMAZING make up called Jane Iredale with so many benefits an flawless photographic finish, iv purchased new products for myself an iv never found a make up brand like this. It was the first ever mineral make up to launch in 1994 and Rihanna is a big fan of it :)

Latest posts

Back