Cheshire Make-up Academy & others

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMissLC

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about doing a makeup course at cheshire makeup academy...has anyone been there and got any advice for me?
My other option is the beauty academy in Birmingham. Not sure where else to look?!
XXX

From the research I have done (I did a VTCT make up course locally, but wanted something more extensive and specific to bridal work) the best school seems to be School of Makeup in Stockport. From what I can see by looking at the websites of the busy bridal artists in my area, many of them went there. But they are VERY expensive.

There is also the North West Media Make-up School (in Stockport too, but on a sort of industrial estate) but I found them really hard to get hold of and they never picked up the phone or returned my calls. I sent an e-mail asking for advice about a particular course and they just posted me a course dates and price list standard pack, which wasn't helpful. It put me off, but they have quite an active Facebook page with lots of examples of students' work so they seem ok. They are a lot cheaper than School of Makeup.

I looked at Cheshire Makeup Academy but couldn't find any reviews or any working makeup artists that had been there (if you look at the 'about' pages of makeup artists they often state where they trained). The fact that the bridal course is only 4 days for hair AND makeup really put me off - how can you possibly learn everything in 4 days? They might be very good but I just don't see how 4 days is useful really - but I guess it depends how much prior experience you have.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi

I went to have a look around the school of make up - it was really nice although as previous post says very expensive

Ive also been in touch with Cheshire Make Up Academy and they seem really nice and friendly came back to my enquiry within 2 hours.

I mainly want to do bridal hair and make up so I think I will be booking with Cheshire Make Up Academy.

Hope this helps abit

I looked into Bridal makeup course to add to my business due to client requests. Living near Manchester I looked at both School of Makeup Manchester & Cheshire. Without wanting to spend s fortune I choose Cheshire..I wish I hadn't! I really didn't feel the course was informative enough-the owner was more interested in telling us students who shed worked on, what famous people etc etc... the course was held over a weekend covering bridal makeup but it was so basic! after finishing the course I still felt none the wiser & then ended up going to the School of Makeup!!! I really feel Cheshire shouldn't offer such short courses promising to cover so much-its impossible!!!! In comparison SOM were far more knowledgeable, the premises were for superior & although I only went for a 1 day private tuition, I picked more up in that day than the course at Cheshire. SOM are certainly worth the extra money-its true what they say-you get what you pay for!

Latest posts

Back