Hvlp 5008 pick up tube problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have the hvlp 5008 machine and the little silver part in the end of the pick up tube keeps falling out. Any ideas why this has happened? It just fell out mid spray now it won't even stay in.
Xx

Hi all, I have the hvlp 5008 machine and the little silver part in the end of the pick up tube keeps falling out. Any ideas why this has happened? It just fell out mid spray now it won't even stay in.
Xx

mine does this too but only when I'm cleaning it. I've been considering buying a new pickup tube but my machine isn't even a year old yet...

Yeah mine isn't even a year old yet either! I had a replacement tube that I got with my machine. I wonder is it a common fault with them?
Thanks for replying unas xx

Have you tried heating the end of the tube up in boiling hot water so it expands then putting the metal thing in the end and pouring really cold water over it so the rubber contracts again - hopefully it will contract enough to hold the metal in place again for you.

Other than that you could try putting a clip on the outside of the tube. My 5008 came with clips on it although I took the bottom one off when cleaning and lost it :rolleyes: I've not had any trouble with it since though so aint too bothered lol.

This type clip would work:
Plumbsure Hose Clip 2Pk, 0000003893432

Thanks baggy I can't see that link on my phone so I'll have a wee look later.
As for getting the silver bit to stay in, the tube is too loose now so I'll try getting a clip for it.
Any ideas why it's happened?
Thanks for your reply x

I would be guessing but it could be that the tube has started to deteriorate. Rubber will disintergrate when left in a liquid for a long time so if your keeping the tube in solution and storing it that way then the rubber could be deteriorating.

I've had my machine for ages and mine is fine and I still have the spare tube that came with it. I think there are several sullpiers who stock these spares cheaply enough. Nouvatan and Suntana are 2 that are springing to mind (be aware I had no sleep last night as my youngest was ill and I've only managed a few hours this morning trying to catch up so my brain ain't working like normal - I hate sleep deprovation :cry:).

Hi, my metal bit fell off pretty quickly as well, just used it for the last year without, not sure if Im meant to, but never had a problem or noticed the difference!

I never leave my gun in solution so it's not that, but something's obviously caused it.. Thanks baggy I may order a couple to keep as spares incase it happens again. Xx

Just buy a new tube they cost no more than a fiver.
x

x

Yeah I know, it's not a big deal but I just wondered why it's happened as the machine isn't very old and it's well maintained. Xx

Xx

This can happen if its constantly left in solution and not left to dry out i have 2 so when swap them about often they expand when sitting in the solution and it can cause the metal part to drop out just pop ure spare one on clean the other and let it dry out flat in drainer them pop metal part bk in next day and ul find it holds it if its that x

x

The clips I sugested only cost £1.99 for 2 from B&Q (prob cheaper from a local shop or market) so is a cheaper option to buying a new tube when all that is wrong is that the metal bit is falling out.

The "silver thing" is just a weight it is there so that when the cup is getting low and so when you tilt the gun the tube is still in the solution.
originally there was 2 spring clips on the pick up tube one on the gun and one on the weight. but for some reason a couple of years ago they stopped putting them on. I think it was when they changed from latex to silicone tubes ?
when you bought your machine there should of been a spares pack with an extra pickup tube filter and spring ? so many people throw it out with the box though :cry:
As B B suggested just get a couple of pipe clips from Halfords or BnQ as the tubes and weight are over £4.50 for me to buy them in from the manufacturers and you need to buy them in bulk !! then you got VAT plus P+P and on costs so it could end up costing around a tenner and it will still fall out in a few months time :irked:

Thanks Steve for clearing up what it actually is :) and for being very honest too as some suppliers wouldn't be so conscious of saving their customer money- this is why we love nouvatan :)
Thanks Baggy I have my replacement tube on so I'll get a couple of those wee clips too, I knew I'd be able to get answers on here xx

Latest posts

Back