Do you offer group discount?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffydreams

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I get calls asking how much my spray tans are? I tell them the cost and then they say, do we get discount as theres 2 of us?

For 2 people I refuse, it's not really a group is it?
However I have given a 10% discount on groups of 4 or more.

What do all of you geeks do? Just wondering if im doing the right thing.

Thanks xx

Two people is certainly not a group! I think you deffo did right. I would probably give discount on say 5 or more and I would do 10-15% discount.

A friend of mine does spray tan parties where its 4 or more people, everyone pays full price but the person hosting gets their tan free. I think thats a bit of a gyp to all the other people but hey!

Hth!

Leanne
X

When I first started out 3 people or more I'd say the tans are £10 each. (Original Price £15) But I really need to change it as that means one person is free... I may up it to 4 or more they get the tan for £12 each. It depends what price your already charging I guess... I wonder what other geeks do xx

I do:

1 person £20
2 or more £15 each
Tan party is 5 guests paying £15 each then host is free

I do a discount for 2 or more people cos I see it as I'm saving petrol by doing 2 at one place. Also, I think by doing this type of discount people are more likely to get a friend round at the same time so I get paid £30 for a similar amount of work instead of £20. (once all the kit's set up, it's no hassle to spray an extra person) xx

I offer a discount 1 for £20 2 for £35 and 4 or more for £15 each x

I'm doing 6 girls tonight (they are coming to me) my usual price is £15 per person.. I'm charging £12 per person tonight, suits me fine. £70 for an hours work is not bad at all x

In the salon no, but if I was mobile then yes I would as I would be saving money not travelling around different houses.

I charge £15 for one normally. £20 for a rapid tan.
For four or more I charge £12 each.
I am in a salon though so I don't travel around but average price in my area is between £15 and £25. There are some mobile therapists charging £7.50 for 2- 4 people and £5 for 4 or more! How can she do that?

If you go to a large salon in your town centre with your friend for a spray tan, they will charge you the normal price EACH. If you go with 4 friends, they will do the same. Why, why are we always wanting to give discounts to clients? If they don't like your already affordable prices, then they can go somewhere else for a cheap and dodgy spray tan! You are just giving away your profit everytime you knock that fiver off. Tell them to keep coming every week and maybe they can get a discount then..... of about 2.00. If your spray tan is 20.00 then two of them will be 40.00

If you go to a large salon in your town centre with your friend for a spray tan, they will charge you the normal price EACH. If you go with 4 friends, they will do the same. Why, why are we always wanting to give discounts to clients? If they don't like your already affordable prices, then they can go somewhere else for a cheap and dodgy spray tan! You are just giving away your profit everytime you knock that fiver off. Tell them to keep coming every week and maybe they can get a discount then..... of about 2.00. If your spray tan is 20.00 then two of them will be 40.00

Totally agree with you.

I had someone call me other day wanting a discount because she was near me and there was 3 of them - so reluctantly I agreed to a discount - but it wasn't enough as she had been quoted 13.50 elsewhere - I wasn't going to price war over it. Suddenly spraytans have become very cheap of late - I suddenly feel too expensive so if thats the case I would rather not do it than do it next to nothing.

Totally agree with you.

I had someone call me other day wanting a discount because she was near me and there was 3 of them - so reluctantly I agreed to a discount - but it wasn't enough as she had been quoted 13.50 elsewhere - I wasn't going to price war over it. Suddenly spraytans have become very cheap of late - I suddenly feel too expensive so if thats the case I would rather not do it than do it next to nothing.

Exactly hun. I know what you mean about price wars and so on. We are so desperate to please people and to get the business but at what cost. They know exactly what they are doing to us.

I charge $25 for 1 and say 'bring a friend' (or friends) and pay $20each. It's worked well for me. I'm a small home salon so it makes setting up for a tan worth it.

I charge £20 each for 1-3 then £15 each for 4 or more.
I also work an incentive for the host in that i don't take money from her guests, she does it and can charge them what she likes. So if there are 10 people i want £150 at the end of it...if she chooses to stick with £20 each and make some money herself that's fine xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back