Nouvatan help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickyloux

Reaction score
Hi geeks :)

I have currently switched to Nouvatan from the Organics range and I am in my first week of using it. A couple of days ago I sprayed three ladies - 2 with 16% and one with 14%. One of these ladies who had the 16% wanted to be so dark she INSISTED I sprayed her 3 times, which I did. Today I have received feedback that the tan has not taken to any of them. I personally haven't seen this myself it is just what one of the ladies has told me. I have my gun set to 8 o'clock, I spray enough for coverage all over the body and go back and do a second layer while I'm checking for white bits. What could I have done wrong?
Please help as I don't want to lose any custom if I'm spraying wrong and giving rubbish tans!!!!!

Hi geeks :)

I have currently switched to Nouvatan from the Organics range and I am in my first week of using it. A couple of days ago I sprayed three ladies - 2 with 16% and one with 14%. One of these ladies who had the 16% wanted to be so dark she INSISTED I sprayed her 3 times, which I did. Today I have received feedback that the tan has not taken to any of them. I personally haven't seen this myself it is just what one of the ladies has told me. I have my gun set to 8 o'clock, I spray enough for coverage all over the body and go back and do a second layer while I'm checking for white bits. What could I have done wrong?
Please help as I don't want to lose any custom if I'm spraying wrong and giving rubbish tans!!!!!

What do you mean the tan has not taken? I dont see why they have advised you of this several days after you sprayed them....surely they would have notified you the following day if they were no different in colour?

Also are they regular clients?

Ok firstly, how did the guide colour look when you finished? Was it even? Did they follow correct prep?
How far away from the body were you spraying?
You need to see these ladies to assess the tans, 16% should be a dark colour. Don't worry it's all a learning curve x

callaghanbeauty

They say they've only slightly changed colour, tan was already noticeable on them when I left though and they all had white knicker marks! 2 days later they let me know. No this was the first time I have sprayed them, I haven't had any other negative feedback so I don't know what to do :/

pinkfairy
They looked fine! Nice colour, even coverage. Hmm maybe I wasn't spraying close enough, how close should I spray?? They SAID they all followed correct prep.

Thank you for your replies xxx

you say you used organic tan before nouvatan so it's not like it's your first couple of spray tans, so i doubt it's your technique or every client you'd sprayed would of said the same.

2 days to call you? yeah ok! More like they've used there tan for there night out & now there trying it on.

You sprayed them & they had knicker marks, the tan was even. it's not like you even used a low % either.

Say very firmly that you don't refund.

It's like buying a chicken from tesco cooking it / eating it then sicking it back up & taking it back to tesco for a refund, it wouldn't happen.

I hate people that try to con you, like we are that stupid. Stick to your guns & don't refund x

callaghanbeauty

They say they've only slightly changed colour, tan was already noticeable on them when I left though and they all had white knicker marks! 2 days later they let me know. No this was the first time I have sprayed them, I haven't had any other negative feedback so I don't know what to do :/

pinkfairy
They looked fine! Nice colour, even coverage. Hmm maybe I wasn't spraying close enough, how close should I spray?? They SAID they all followed correct prep.

Thank you for your replies xxx

It seems very strange that all 3 of them are saying the same yet everyone has different skin tones therefore the tan would maybe show differently show on all three.

Could they have washed it off too soon? It's not nice to think this but could they be after a freebie? Its worth a thought x

Did they do all their pre tan prep? Is it possible they all jumped in the shower (not together, lol) and used an unsuitable shower gel which left oil on their skin?

And as above showering off too soon, it sounds very odd that they all claim to of had the same results, im just changing to nouvatan from organics and everyone has said its darker so it shouldn't really be not showing up, I would be inclined to pop round and see them for myself, they may have their tan goggles on and think that they are not tanned enough but the 16% should be dark enough for most if not too dark.

Hope you sort it out :)

The main test to me is if there is a knicker line right after washing off - ask what exact products they used before and after so you can check yourself and see if they are suitable... :)
Do all 3 know each other? :)

Also worth looking into is if they simply aren't as dark as they wanted to be... ie a lot of people think they've washed the whole tan off when they wash the guide colour off :)

Ha ha - tan goggles, so many ppl are guilty of this!

I agree with Lush lash that these ladies have had the tans for a night out and now want their money back.

Think about it logically, if you had a spray tan and in the morning you had no colour at all what would be the very first thing you would do? And I mean the very first thing?

You would contact the salon or therapist who did the treatment immediately.

No one would wait for two days.

And three individuals wouldn't all independently of each other wait for two days.

That's just ridiculous.

I would advise them that the colour was even when they left, they saw the white lines. They waited two days before telling you. You can't offer them a refund.

If you give them their money back you'll have all of their friends booking in and trying to pull the same stunt cos word will spread.

If you never see these three female again you should count yourself lucky, people like this cost you time and money!!

Jacqui xx

I think it's very strange that this has happened to all 3 clients. You will always get a guide colour because of the bronzers in the solution.
DHA does settle in the bottom of the bottles though so make sure you always give the bottle a little shake before use.
You would need to see the tan yourself though so you should try and get them to come back to you.

Thank you everyone so much for your replies!

I really think it's the tan goggles you know! They were obsessed with being brown I mean one had 3 layers of 16%!! So she MUST have changed colour!

Like you said they won't be missed as customers, and I've had lots of good feedback from other customers so I can't be doing anything wrong.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

xxx

Latest posts

Back