Am I qualified in Spray Tanning with current qualification?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karat87x

Reaction score
Hello

I really want to start offering spray tans to my clients - my friend, who is a qualified spray tanner, and I do each other a spray tan pretty much every week and have been doing so for the last year or more so I know all the ropes etc. I studied a few years ago as a Beauty Specialst (Level 2 diploma) where we learnt Fake Bake tanning (lotion) and my certificate says I am qualified in 'Tanning' - but I don't know if that would cover spray tans too? Would I be covered legally and insurance-wise? Or is spray tanning not covered in 'Tanning' ?

I wondered the same with lashes too - we learnt how to apply flare lashes (with one or two lashes on one bulb), but not actual individual ones. And on my certificate it says I am qualified in 'lash application', but not sure if that covers individual lashes? I have been doing my mum and my sister individual lashes for yeaaaars, so again, am confident that I do a god job, but I really want to follow all the rules and regulations and do everything right if I am working on the general public and charging people.

any help would be much appreciated! Thank you :):) xxxx

Best thing to do is ask your insurance provider then you will have a definitive answer.

However, in my personal opinion I would say no. Same result but different products. X

Hi hun I did lotion application in college, then the salon I worked at had the st tropez airport booth, when it arrived we received training from st tropez. I've been spray tanning for 6 years and now work for myself, I have recently done a tanning course as the course I did with st tropez years ago wasn't accredited and we had no formal certification. The reason for me redoing the course was that the buck now stops with me, my livelihood, my name and reputation. If there were any problems I doubt my insurance company would cover me, and isn't worth the risk! Xx

I would take the same caution with the lashes, maybe do a conversion course x

Call your insurer :) Only they can clarify if your current qualification is actually recognised by them for you to carry out spray tanning :) If they say no then get on a course last minute (you will get it cheaper!) and get the piece of paper to cover yourself :)

Thank you very much :) I have just sent an email to my insurers with all my details in so hopefully they will be able to confirm. Am with BABTAC and have to say they have such fantastic customer service if anyone else was in need of a good insurer?!

Thank you - Happy beauty-fying!!

xxx

Latest posts

Back