How often do you clean your guns?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Hi All

How often do you all thoroughly clean your guns? and what do you do if your just giving it a quick clean after each tan?

Thanks
Gemma

After each tan if I'm using a different % to the previous one i'll just run it under the tap. If its the same % as before I just leave it as it is. At the end of the day I spray water through it and depending on how busy I've been i'll take it apart and clean all the bits properly around once every 2 or 3 weeks, sometimes longer. I have never found any build up of dha on my gun or needle so I don't feel I need to do it more often x

Regardless of colour you dont need to wash through inbetween tans, just put new cup of colour on gun spray onto your kitchen roll or side of tent for 2 secs that brings through the new colour ready to apply to client.
A thoroughly clean should be done weekly, hot soapy water etc..the pro guns tend to need a lot of tlc compared to the guns with with 5008 etc...

If I'm going to leave the machine not used for 12 hours or more (so at the end of the night) I'll spray warm water through it for 2 - 3 mins and clean out cups etc... then once every 2 weeks or so I'll take it apart and wipe over the machine too, the filter etc...

Ha ha ha!!! Sorry! Read the title, mind is clearly somewhere else coz spray tanning was not what came to mind!!! Lol!!! Sorry again!!!

Ha ha ha!!! Sorry! Read the title, mind is clearly somewhere else coz spray tanning was not what came to mind!!! Lol!!! Sorry again!!!

I know me too!
I thought you meant a rifle or something!
But my initial thought was 'gun show' off 'Anchorman' as in biceps but that makes little to no sense! Lol.

Thanks for the replies, I've only done a total of 6 tans so far so I've just been rinsing it with warm water. I think I'll give it a good clean this weekend it'll be good to practice taking it apart.

Ha ha I did laugh to myself about the title after I'd posted it x

Ditto. I just laughed out loud and my dad was like what's so funny? Hehehe x

Latest posts

Back