First set of sp lashes - constructive criticism

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
Just did my first set of sp lashes after my training day. I took 2.5 hours. I could of carried on going but my client/willing victim could only do 2.5 hours.

Now I know they are far from perfect but I am really wanting to get the hang of this service.

Things I think I have done wrong . . .

1. Speed up so I can put more on.

2. Think they may be too long.

3. Can not see the shape of the lash lengths. They all look long.

Any tips/suggestions/ advice? Think I need it after these lol!

By the way I am not charging for these sets until I can do sets that I feel are worth paying for.

I've bravely attached the photos. Didn't want too, but I'll never improve unless I seek help.

Zoe x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332550336.541772.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332550336.541772.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 435
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332550381.546697.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332550381.546697.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 453
For a first set thats fine. dont worry about time too much when your practicing youll get better with practice. I wouldnt worry about the lengths i thinks it fine but i think the application is more important atthis stage which looks good. i think you demonstrate some goodskills here for a lash newbie so well done. now practice as much as you can and keep posting them for us to guide you. well done

For a first set thats fine. dont worry about time too much when your practicing youll get better with practice. I wouldnt worry about the lengths i thinks it fine but i think the application is more important atthis stage which looks good. i think you demonstrate some goodskills here for a lash newbie so well done. now practice as much as you can and keep posting them for us to guide you. well done

Thank you so much for your advice. I was feeling a little bit annoyed that they weren't perfect but you've given a confidence boost and reminded me that is all practise practise :)

The client is a close friend and she said she don't mind me taking them off and applying them all over again so I can practise. I have some great friends :)

Hoping to do at least 2-3 sets a week to get good at it. I'm hoping I will be able to start charging discounted treatments by July, fingers crossed. But I'll see how I get on, and won't do it unless I am feeling confident.

Dont remove these. just get her back. this is a great way to practice infills which youll do more of in the long run. X

I think they look great, you just need to get more lashes on as they just look sparse. Keep at it!

Dont remove these. just get her back. this is a great way to practice infills which youll do more of in the long run. X

Yeah you are right, I didn't think about practising infills.

Thinking I am going to ask her to come back tomorrow night and start doing infills.

Thanks for your advise x

I think they look great, you just need to get more lashes on as they just look sparse. Keep at it!

Yes they do look sparse but sadly that's all I could get in in 2.5 hours :-( need to keep practising to speed up.

Asking her to come round again tomorrow night to infill, as advised by the lovely geek above :)

awww you called me lovely. you made my day. just trying to be a helpful fellow geek. i know how helpful this site was when i first started doing ee. hope the infills when well. x if you wanna send me your next lot of pics, feel free to pm me for advice anytime. x

Well done Zoe :) I am in the same boat as you, but yet to do human lashes!!! :eek:

This site is amazing and so full of lovely helpful people!! :hug:

I just qualified a week and a half ago and have been practising on my piggy bank (who's ears are remarkably shaped like eyes!!) and his ear lashes were ok... :lol: I spent 2 hours and got on about 50 lashes in total, but my problem is the glue!! It takes so long to dry.... It is a sensitive glue that came in my training kit... can anyone recommend any better glues??

I have heard that iLash Xflex is amazing.... but sooo expensive (can't put a price on quality though!)!! Can anyone recommend a fast drying, not too odoured glue?

Can't wait to see your next set Zoe!!! :biggrin:
Gemgems

Well done Zoe :) I am in the same boat as you, but yet to do human lashes!!! :eek:

This site is amazing and so full of lovely helpful people!! :hug:

I just qualified a week and a half ago and have been practising on my piggy bank (who's ears are remarkably shaped like eyes!!) and his ear lashes were ok... :lol: I spent 2 hours and got on about 50 lashes in total, but my problem is the glue!! It takes so long to dry.... It is a sensitive glue that came in my training kit... can anyone recommend any better glues??

I have heard that iLash Xflex is amazing.... but sooo expensive (can't put a price on quality though!)!! Can anyone recommend a fast drying, not too odoured glue?

Can't wait to see your next set Zoe!!! :biggrin:
Gemgems

Hi. if you search on salon geek 'semi permanent eyelash glue' lots of posts come up. This site is truely amazing & has helped me so much, I'm just about to get back into lashes.. I'm really nervous but at the same time excited about what's to come.

My training was awful & what I've been doing for the past few weeks is writing lots of information down from salon geek & storing it in a folder named 'lash extensions' I've been reading through the folder for at least an hour every day.

I've got my first model (since ive decided to have another shot at it) coming sunday afternoon.. I've told her I will be possibly be working on her for 3 hours. I intend on taking before & after photos to post on here (yes I'm feeling brave lol)

Good luck & if you ever need anyone who's in the same boat to chat to then feel free to message me x x

I've got my first model (since ive decided to have another shot at it) coming sunday afternoon.. I've told her I will be possibly be working on her for 3 hours. I intend on taking before & after photos to post on here (yes I'm feeling brave lol)

I am delighted to read you have been searching through threads and taking notes. I've been lying a bit low lately as I got so fed up with the same questions every day that are easily answered if geeks use the fabulous search facility.

Just a wee bit of advice here. I wouldn't advise anyone to lash for 3 hours. It takes so much concentration and patience that you will be totally zonked afterwards.

I think you will find it much more beneficial to spend 2 sessions of 1.5 hours a few days or a week apart. You can then spend the first session applying a good amount of lashes to set the structure of your set, then spend the next session filling in.

Good luck xx

Last edited:
I am delighted to read you have been searching through threads and taking notes. I've been lying a bit low lately as I got so fed up with the same questions every day that are easily answered if geeks use the fabulous search facility.

Just a wee bit of advice here. I wouldn't advise anyone to lash for 3 hours. It takes so much concentration and patience that you will be totally zonked afterwards.

I think you will find it much more beneficial to spend 2 sessions of 1.5 hours a few days or a week apart. You can then spend the first session applying a good amount of lashes to set the structure of your set, then spend the next session filling in.

Good luck xx

Thank you for your advice Elliebee.

Oh I do love the search facility, i use it almost every day, it's a great help xxx

Hi. if you search on salon geek 'semi permanent eyelash glue' lots of posts come up. This site is truely amazing & has helped me so much, I'm just about to get back into lashes.. I'm really nervous but at the same time excited about what's to come.

My training was awful & what I've been doing for the past few weeks is writing lots of information down from salon geek & storing it in a folder named 'lash extensions' I've been reading through the folder for at least an hour every day.

Good luck & if you ever need anyone who's in the same boat to chat to then feel free to message me x x

Looking forward to seeing your lashes! :)

I know am excited to start my next set so I can get better and better :)

Latest posts

Back