What would you do? Long post!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
I sprayed a group of girls yesterday.. (new clients)
firstly they showed up half an hour late. when the girl who booked the appointment originally messaged me to book in she asked for a discount. I charge £15 usually so because there was 6 coming I said I'd charge £12 per person. She said ok but didn't seem overly impressed by this but I thought I was being more than reasonable by reducing the price slightly.

I gave all the pre tan information & asked her to make sure she passed all the info on to the other girls.

Soooo yesterday comes & they all arrive half an hour late with 2 children in tow, I have no problem with kids (when they are behaving!) the clients were being very gobby, laughing/joking/shouting & swearing. :confused: I kept thinking god hurry up & get the hell out if my house. all had make up on could've sworn I said DON'T wear any! they used almost a full pack of MY baby wipes between them to remove it all.

They all filled the consultation cards in, none of them could be bothered to fill in Drs details or answer the questionnaire. I said please fill it out as it's important so after plenty of tutting & face pulling the cards were filled out correctly.

I started with the tans - I used Suntana (I usually use Nouvatan) but I had quite a bit of Suntana left over so to get it used up before i put my next nouvatan order in I sprayed with the Suntana.

I could hear the kids who were sat in the hallway with the other clients messing about, crying & I think at one point they were fighting lol as I heard the mum shout, she kept saying get out of there & sit down.

I got all the tans done (phewww) & as they were dressing one client looked in the mirror & said she had been a lot browner than that with previous sprays, I said let it at least develop before making judgement.

when they'd gone I got my room cleaned, the kids had been in my bathroom, a roll of toilet roll was down the loo & the little sh*ts had pulled my shower curtain down & there was radox shower gel all over my floor & sink!.

I let it slide although I was peed off to the max that people let there kids be so disrespectful in other people's houses.... and then this morning I get a message off the girl mentioned above who wanted to be browner (the one who commented when she looked in the mirror)

It read... Hi, sorry hun but I'm bright orange all the other girls are brown, my face has no tan on at all. I feel like my money's been wasted.. can you reply ASAP please as I want this tan off. (she only had 12% & she wasn't pale skinned so I do find it v hard to believe) I said I needed photos or her to come & see me today.

she's apparently got no credit to send photos & she can't get to me as she's busy ALL day & she wants the tan off now... funny that don't you think?

I think that she's trying it on because she's not as brown as she would of liked to of been. My husband thinks the same. what do you all reckon?

Needless to say, I'm not taking another booking from either of them. They all had stinking attitude problems & made me feel uncomfortable in my own home.! I think I'd rather be skint than put up with any of that again lol x

I didn't mention, one said she had 'left' her purse at home.. she asked if she could drop the money in first thing today I said NO (had it of been one of my regular ladies I'd of been fine with it) but I've never met these before so I wasn't going to allow it. when I said no she miraculously 'found' her purse at the bottom of her bag lmao don't you love it when people try take you for an idiot! x

Last edited:
That's a clientele you don't need or want!! Sorry to hear of them disrespecting your home! That is awfull....

If she cant come and see you Today then I'd just give her advice on how to remove the tan and be done with it and not book them in again! Lol!
People like that are not worth the time, hassle or money hun and most certainly if they make you feel Uncomfortable in your own home.
If she asks for her money back, just say no as you are using the money to repair the shower curtain the children pulled down! Haha!

Oh babes, I dont offer spray tans, but I read your post and thought wow, someones had a worse week than me!!! poor you, especially as its at your house, and you had given them discount! why do some people have so little respect? As regards to dodgy tan girl, I would just text and say that she needs to come over asap so you can look at the tan, it sounds like she wont come and is just trying it on,
Breathe deep and vow never to take a booking from them again, then sip frequently from a large glass of wine.
xxxxxx

I had another lady bring her 4 kids last night as she couldn't get a baby sitter, they quite literally wrecked my tanning room, whilst I was tanning.. her little lad had drawn all over my folder that I keep all tan leaflets/consultation cards in, the older boy kept touching asking what this was, what that was, what was I doing?! Then as they were leaving the little lad spilt his beaker of juice all over.... I had a right old day yesterday lol

My husband is now moaning which to be fair he has every right to as it's OUR home, he said he doesn't want me bringing people into the house if they are going to take the pi$$, so it's now a no kids policy. I can't honestly concentrate anyway when they are practically climbing inside the tent to be with there mum lol it puts you off! X

As for the girl who's complained today, she said she couldn't make it to me & she can't send me photographs, I've given her the chance, so I've told her how to remove it & she just messaged me back.

'Ok, tar'

she hasn't asked for a refund so I'll leave it at that & ill hope she never contacts me again!! xx

Maybe she is actually unhappy with it! But it sounds like it would be her own fault for not following the prep.

At least you know it wasn't the tan as everyone else was ok with there's,

Personally I think your lucky that she won't show you as I hate mouthy clients, so would t want the whole face to face thing.

I would text back and say 'sorry your unhappy however I've never had this problem before, how long did you leave the tan on for before showing off? And did yo follow all the prep? Without being able to see the tan, I can't advise you. However if you would like to remove the tan then (list a few way)'

I had a 12% with sienna and I thought I looked very orange ... It wash until I had my 2ed wash I thought it looked much better

Please don't refund! As they sound like when you refund one then the rest will be like 'oh I want a refund as well' that's the thing wit tans people want then for the weekend then they think it's ok to get money back.

and maybe stop letting kids in lol x

I had another lady bring her 4 kids last night as she couldn't get a baby sitter, they quite literally wrecked my tanning room, whilst I was tanning.. her little lad had drawn all over my folder that I keep all tan leaflets/consultation cards in, the older boy kept touching asking what this was, what that was, what was I doing?! Then as they were leaving the little lad spilt his beaker of juice all over.... I had a right old day yesterday lol

My husband is now moaning which to be fair he has every right to as it's OUR home, he said he doesn't want me bringing people into the house if they are going to take the pi$$, so it's now a no kids policy. I can't honestly concentrate anyway when they are practically climbing inside the tent to be with there mum lol it puts you off! X

I have people bring there kids once in a while if they can't get a sitter and I've never had a problem, I even have a few kids mags so they just sit and read or look at photos. I couldnt imagine letting my kids do that(I don't have kids, but if I did) how embarrassing x

Maybe she is actually unhappy with it! But it sounds like it would be her own fault for not following the prep.

At least you know it wasn't the tan as everyone else was ok with there's,

Personally I think your lucky that she won't show you as I hate mouthy clients, so would t want the whole face to face thing.

I would text back and say 'sorry your unhappy however I've never had this problem before, how long did you leave the tan on for before showing off? And did yo follow all the prep? Without being able to see the tan, I can't advise you. However if you would like to remove the tan then (list a few way)'

I had a 12% with sienna and I thought I looked very orange ... It wash until I had my 2ed wash I thought it looked much better

Please don't refund! As they sound like when you refund one then the rest will be like 'oh I want a refund as well' that's the thing wit tans people want then for the weekend then they think it's ok to get money back.

and maybe stop letting kids in lol x

I've already asked her all of the questions, that's the first thing I did when she messaged me this morning, she says it's orange but yet she won't show me it. She said she's had 12% no end of times before & had in the past tried a 16% (she told me all this last night when I was tanning her) the darkest I had in Suntana was 12% so she decided on this, she asked if I had anything darker, I said no sorry not until I've put another order in. So I think she was hoping for something dark dark, that's the impression I got from her.

I'd maybe believe what shes saying If i see it myself but as she's not letting me look there's not much i can do. By now it'll be washed off I would imagine but who knows if it was even orange in the first place? Im not going to take her word for it without seeing it for myself.

I've tried to call but got no answer so told her how to remove it by message. don't worry she isn't getting a refund, I haven't done anything wrong to refund.

I didn't even say there children could come, they turned up with them & said hope it's ok, I can't really say aww no I'm sorry your kids will have to wait in the garden alone can I lol

definitely not having kids in no more though! I'll be making it clearly stated NO children allowed, so they know not to bring them along.xx

That is absolutely disgusting behaviour. My mum would've knocked me sideways if i would've dared to disrespect someone's home like that.

I think a no children policy is definitely the way to go. If a few people turn up with children, you should make them take turns looking after the kids and having their tans.

A lot of my ladies bring children in if they are having a quick brow shape, but they've all been pretty well behaved...except the little'un who peed on the floor of my treatment room lol. But he was only a tot and his mum was mortified. It's when people don't care less that annoys me xx

well just thought I'd update. The girl in question has put photos on Facebook this morning of her little night out, so I had a nebby as you do! & she isn't orange AT ALL!!!

Nice & brown the same as all the other girls.... why do people feel the need to lie & take the pee, she hasn't scrubbed it off either. So all the worrying she had me doing over the weekend & she'd just basically lied!

Not impressed x

well just thought I'd update. The girl in question has put photos on Facebook this morning of her little night out, so I had a nebby as you do! & she isn't orange AT ALL!!!

Nice & brown the same as all the other girls.... why do people feel the need to lie & take the pee, she hasn't scrubbed it off either. So all the worrying she had me doing over the weekend & she'd just basically lied!

Not impressed x

What a cheek!!!! Clearly just after a freebie!!!
People like this really get my goat! Better off without clients like that! That is 1 big plus to being self employed too, being able to chose clients (to a certain degree obviously lol!)

Not impressed x

Why don't you comment on the photo an just say it doesn't look orange at all. ;) then delete an block them off your fbook. :)

She's been tagged in the photo's so I bet when she sees it she thinks sh*t!

I was going to comment & I do feel like doing it! but I want to remain proffesional so I'm having to sit on my hands right now! just annoys me.. I've shown my mum/sister & there raging for me lol.

Plus If I said anything she'd probably lie or something & say those photos are old ones etc.. but she told me she was wearing a red & black striped dress on Saturday night which she had bought on friday & that's what she had on in the photo + all the girls that came for a tan with her were all in the photos looking nice & brown so its proof that they are the photos taken after the tan ive done her. I could easily show her up... wish I could to be honest! lol x

If anyone brings their children, make them aware what you will do.

Put this on your leaflets or a sign up reading.

Please keep your children under close supervision, as this is meant to be a relaxing atmosphere for clients. Or this is my home. (Whichever it is)

Failure to do so will result in us giving them cans of Red Bull, Coke, Smarties, and anything else we can find that contains loads of E numbers and caffeine.

And as a leaving gift, their very own puppy!!

She's been tagged in the photo's so I bet when she sees it she thinks sh*t!

I was going to comment & I do feel like doing it! but I want to remain proffesional so I'm having to sit on my hands right now! just annoys me.. I've shown my mum/sister & there raging for me lol.

Plus If I said anything she'd probably lie or something & say those photos are old ones etc.. but she told me she was wearing a red & black striped dress on Saturday night which she had bought on friday & that's what she had on in the photo + all the girls that came for a tan with her were all in the photos looking nice & brown so its proof that they are the photos taken after the tan ive done her. I could easily show her up... wish I could to be honest! lol x
Eeee that's awful for you, I can't believe what the kids done in your house, the worrying thing is if you had of said something then ( had u seen the mess) they would of probs said so! Or wasn't them!
Would be great if you could say something on pic but like you say your better then them! Just look and feel sorry for them as they sound vile! X

Not impressed x

Why don't you save the pic and keep it for your records as they might turn up to request their refund again. Just a thought but please don't comment on them on FB. Goodluck.:)

Please keep your children under close supervision, as this is meant to be a relaxing atmosphere for clients. Or this is my home. (Whichever it is)

Failure to do so will result in us giving them cans of Red Bull, Coke, Smarties, and anything else we can find that contains loads of E numbers and caffeine.

Lol I love this! A bit of a light-hearted approach always works best I think x

Love this! Hahaha!
Or as a leaving gift a giant tarantula!

Latest posts

Back