Epilepsy and spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Hi everyone

What is your opinion about spray tanning epileptic customer?

I looked through threads here and on the Internet and I cannot find an answer.

I would appreciate your thoughts :) thank you x

Hi sunshine

I am epileptic and give and receive spray tans and I have no trouble with. I can't remember being told not to spray tan someone who is epileptic when I did my training.

Kirsty

I was never told not to spray people with epilepsy. I have a son with epilepsy and don't see how it would affect it. Just be aware of how severe the condition is and be aware of what could happen.

Thank you girls.

I really appreciate your comments. I spoke with the girl and she said that she is on medication twice daily and when/if she passes out it's for few minutes but without the fits. I hope I am describing it correctly.

I am worried the the cold sensation of the solution could trigger the attack but I would obviously make sure that it's out of the fridge for long before her appointment.

I guess I should be careful and not scared :)

I don't want to refuse her treatment because it is for a special occasion and she wants to look extra pretty but again I would not like to expose her to anything that could trigger an attack and cause a distress

Xxx

I am prone to epileptic fits and do spray tanning and i'm fine, its aromatherapy oils that sometimes set me off !!

I am prone to epileptic fits and do spray tanning and i'm fine, its aromatherapy oils that sometimes set me off !!

Thank you hun for sharing your experience xxx

I think caution and planning and you will be fine.

I would ensure there is a chair near the tent that she can sit in should she feel faint or ill.

I would also put a BIG towel in the bottom of the tent to cover the whole floor and pad it out a bit incase she does faint.

I would also make sure my tent was clean for her tan as if she goes down you will not want her to be getting old tan solution on herself.

Then I would take my time at the beginning of the tan and check with her frequently that she is ok or have a prearanged word that she says if she feels weird and wants to stop.

I would expect everything to be fine but caution is the best way to go and you'll be making her feel special too so hopefully if all goes well for this special occasion tan she may return to you again.

Hi there. I'm don't offer spray tanning but one big thing that I have not seen mentioned is make sure you have her next of kin/emergency contact and doctors details :)

Hi there. I'm don't offer spray tanning but one big thing that I have not seen mentioned is make sure you have her next of kin/emergency contact and doctors details :)

That is a very good point!!!!!

I think caution and planning and you will be fine.

I would ensure there is a chair near the tent that she can sit in should she feel faint or ill.

I would also put a BIG towel in the bottom of the tent to cover the whole floor and pad it out a bit incase she does faint.

I would also make sure my tent was clean for her tan as if she goes down you will not want her to be getting old tan solution on herself.

Then I would take my time at the beginning of the tan and check with her frequently that she is ok or have a prearanged word that she says if she feels weird and wants to stop.

I would expect everything to be fine but caution is the best way to go and you'll be making her feel special too so hopefully if all goes well for this special occasion tan she may return to you again.

Thank you Cheryl!

Great advice!!! I'll make sure I get the chair near and my tent is clean. I am glad you had a time to advise! Thank you.

Ps. Did you get my message on priv last night? Xxx

Latest posts

Back