Is there a CLEAR tan solution out there ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelaznailz

Reaction score
HI,
I normally use Naturasun and Fake Bake tanning solutions, however I have a regular client who is getting married soon. She wants to be spray tanned before her big day but is terrified of getting her (very expensive) wedding dress stained under the arms.
I was wondering if there is a clear tan solution on the market. I know it will be a 'challenge' to apply, but I'd like to help her.
I'm open to any suggestions. :)

Just re read your post and noticed you put solution! Sudo do a clear.
Pain to apply but the colour is lovely when it's developed x

Thanks so much for your speedy reply.
I'll get it ordered and give her a trial.
X :hug:

Sunjunkie have just braught one out xxx

There are quite a few companies who sell solution with no guide colour but I really don't think it is necessary and you run the risk of missing bits or overloading areas by applying too much solution by accident.

I would just tell the bride to ensure she has had 2 showers after the tan to make sure she is free from all guide colour before she puts her dress on (the first to get the basic guide off and show her colour, the second to pay special attention to under her arms and ensure all guide is off).

This way she will have no guide colour left on her and I feel the tan looks it's best after 2 showers anyway.

There are quite a few companies who sell solution with no guide colour but I really don't think it is necessary and you run the risk of missing bits or overloading areas by applying too much solution by accident.

I would just tell the bride to ensure she has had 2 showers after the tan to make sure she is free from all guide colour before she puts her dress on (the first to get the basic guide off and show her colour, the second to pay special attention to under her arms and ensure all guide is off).

This way she will have no guide colour left on her and I feel the tan looks it's best after 2 showers anyway.

When I got married I got my tan on Thursday evening and married on Saturday. Had 2 showers and still got tan marks on my dress. If I could go back, as much as I hate them, I'd probably have a couple of sessions on a sunbed.

Why not tell her just to buy a cheap white t shirt and have a spray tan before and wash it of twise etc and then put the white T on when she would her wedding dress and see if it gets and on it??

I would think its not the guide colour that marks clothes after a tan it is the actual tan in sweaty arens like armpits and wedding dresses can be quite tight at the top of your boobs so that rubs on the skin rubbing the tan off and onto the clothes!! So i dont think its the guide colour it that tan its self!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I have done plenty of tans for ladies getting married and they have all told me that it didnt come off on their dress.
Spraying on a solution without a colour guide will not stop any tan from getting on her dress (thats even if it does), it just means she wont be instantly brown but develop slowly.
x

OK. Thanks for your replies.
She's wants to try the Sudo solution and try the 'white T-shirt test'.
I'll let you know how it goes.
:hug:

I tanned my sister for the first time on Thursday night at 10pm with LA Tan 10%. She went to bed and showered in the morning then went to work. She got her hair done at dinner time and then back to work.

Her 50th birthday party was due to start at 7 so after work she went home and changed into her party dress (it was white) and got herself ready for the party (no time for another shower & her hair was done so she wouldn't have risked it anyway lol). She partied hard with all her freinds and family and loved her tan lol.

Not one mark of tan on her dress and she had only showered the once.

I'm waiting to get the photo's off my dad's camera as I know I took one really nice photo that showed her tan off lol.

Latest posts

Back