Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Nic~

Reaction score
Hi

I have noticed after waxing I can feel 'bumps' all over the area that has been waxed, is this just the follicles that need time to settle?

Also, after I have had a bikini wax I get a lot of raised angry red pimples with white heads. What is causing this, is the wax too hot?

Thanks x

Hi

I have noticed after waxing I can feel 'bumps' all over the area that has been waxed, is this just the follicles that need time to settle?

Also, after I have had a bikini wax I get a lot of raised angry red pimples with white heads. What is causing this, is the wax too hot?

Thanks x

This is quite normal and can last up to 3 days. Use a good soothing gel such as witch hazel or aloe Vera and take some antihistamine meds a day before and for a couple of days after you wax the area. This calms everything down and helps prevent the plucked chicken look :green:
Some people suffer more than others. It's nothing to do with the wax being too hot, you are removing the hair from the follicle and this leaves the follicle,skin irritated and sometimes more prone to spots. Keep the area clean,avoid touching and as mentioned use a good after wax.

Latest posts

Back