Safety while working Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoannaELH

Reaction score
I get most of my clients off of Facebook, and yesterday I went to a clients house in one of the more run down part of my town, I never really thought anything of it untill I got to her building. I pushed the buzzer and a girl with hardly any teeth shouted out the window shouted "push the door and come up" when I got into the landing there was a sour smell and the landing windows were smashed!!! I knocked on the door and all I could hear was 2 ladies screaming!!!

When the girl answered the door there was 5 kids all with no clothes on and looked really dirty, the house was filthy. While I was doing their consultations one of the girls was on the phone arguing with the childrens Father, and what I caught of it was he was threatening to come down to the house!!!

I just carried on and did their treatments as quick as possible and got out of there, I couldn't believe that people like this would invite a beauty therapist upto there house!!!

Have any of you who work mobile experienced anything like this!! Do any of you have any tips how to sniff people like this out, or is it just part of being mobile!!!

Thanks in advance for any reply's

Hi I had a very similar experience a few years ago, although I'm a hairdresser an it was just a lady an her fiancé who lived there! But just from the outside I felt a bit uneasy when I arrived (due to the amount of alcohol an drug needles outside the flats!). I got the client through a friend of a friend an it occurred to me that I hadn't told anybody I was going to that clients house, so just to be on the safe side I phoned my friend before I went in! Turns out the lady and fiancé were actually really nice an became regular clients, just goes to show how we shouldn't judge on appearances!! I'd just make sure someone knows where you are at all times an get them to call you during the appointment if you need an excuse to leave! But unfortunately it's what comes with being mobile!!

Thanks for the reply I was in toltal shock afterwards couldn't believe that people would act like that with someone in their home, I wouldn't have minded if they were friendly and nice but they hardly even spoke to me they were to busy screaming at the children and speaking about the Father coming down!! Hopefully I dont have to deal with too many of these type's of clients, I definately wont be taking a booking from them again, and am going to get my partner to phone near the end of an appointment to make sure everything is ok, just got me thinking how potentially dangerous it could be.

I had a similar experience once, just after I found out I was pregnant with my long awaited son. I used to tan an "exotic dancer" and her doorman boyfriend and they were both lovely and lived in a lovely apartment in a new part of town. I turned up this one day to find the door smashed in and nailed back up and everything smashed up in the flat, and the whole appointment they were arguing, I didn't know what to do but done the tans as quick as I could and got out of there.

It deffanetly makes you realise how vulnerable you are when your mobile doesn't it.

Blummin heck, the children had no clothes on? That's a bit weird, isn't it? I'd have felt well awkward. Poor you. X

Very scary!

I always thought a system wherby you upload your info - where your going, how long you expect the appointment to last would be a good idea - then when youve finished you send a text in so show youve finished that appointment say if youve programmed an appointment to last a hour and you dont send a message after two hours etc the system would automatically called the emergency services or something - might be a mad idea tho LOL

xx

Actually "something" like this would be very helpful. The only is that it would have to give you a nudge to programme ending that appointment, in case you forget to. You wouldnt want the police coming for nothing, they would not be happy at all. Perhaps if something like this was around during Suzie Lampards (I think), existance, she would still be around today. Cant remember if mobiles were around then though!:o

Lol could you think what would happen if you didnt text in and the police were called to a customers house!!

But yeah if something had been around then didnt that happen in the late 80's? then she may be here now

x

Thanks for the link, im going to look into it x

I get most of my clients off of Facebook, and yesterday I went to a clients house in one of the more run down part of my town, I never really thought anything of it untill I got to her building. I pushed the buzzer and a girl with hardly any teeth shouted out the window shouted "push the door and come up" when I got into the landing there was a sour smell and the landing windows were smashed!!! I knocked on the door and all I could hear was 2 ladies screaming!!!

When the girl answered the door there was 5 kids all with no clothes on and looked really dirty, the house was filthy. While I was doing their consultations one of the girls was on the phone arguing with the childrens Father, and what I caught of it was he was threatening to come down to the house!!!

I just carried on and did their treatments as quick as possible and got out of there, I couldn't believe that people like this would invite a beauty therapist upto there house!!!

Have any of you who work mobile experienced anything like this!! Do any of you have any tips how to sniff people like this out, or is it just part of being mobile!!!

Thanks in advance for any reply's

I do worry too about this and sometimes feel quite unsafe when I'm out mobile in some of the rougher areas. I too am from Aberdeen and the majority of my clients are lovely but I have been in a couple of pretty shocking homes where I've not felt very safe. I now tell my partner all the addresses I'm going to, text when I get there and when I leave and if I get any bookings I get a bad feeling about I just tell them I'm fully booked x

Latest posts

Back