Do you recognise this tanning gun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelibabe88

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Wondered if you can help me out. I have been asked by a friend if I know where to get a replacement gun and machine as he has broken a friends girlfriends whilst drunk (he wants to do it before she’s home in a couple of weeks and finds out. Haha seems that because I do tanning he thinks I know everything but I'm not familiar with this one at all....

He has sent me this picture of the gun - can anyone recognise it and what machine it is usually sold with?

Thanks,
Kx

Edit: A little more info from him...
The motor has a cable leading to a bottle which them has another cable leading to the gun - I assume the cable he is talking about it actually a hose.
It seems he has put the solution in the bottle part way along the hose which is wrong and has broken it.
The motor is approx 10x6inches
Hope someone has come across this...

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
I found a few online but nothing in the UK - Funny I though it looked like an airbrush gun - is this likely to be usable for spray tanning too? He's very adamant that it is spray tanning as he has brown hands
Kx

Yes u can use airbrush for tanning hun x

OK - looks like I'm on the right track then...
Anyone know somewhere in the UK that stocks them? He wants to get it from somewhere 'reputable' to keep her happy
Kx

OK - looks like I'm on the right track then...
Anyone know somewhere in the UK that stocks them? He wants to get it from somewhere 'reputable' to keep her happy
Kx

I can't help you there Hun, but I do know they are more expensive than hvlp machines!!! :/

I can't help you there Hun, but I do know they are more expensive than hvlp machines!!! :/

Oh he's going to love me when I tell him that!

What's really getting me is this bottle that is part way along the hose that he put the solution in but shouldn't have...
motor > hose > bottle > hose > gun

wow this pic takes me back a few years !! i have had a route in the attic and have found a brand new unused gun very similar to this one. but it has a 100ml bottle attatched to the bottom it is designed purely for spray tanning. and will fit his compressor we used to sell them about 12 years ago before hvlp. i might have a compressor somewhere as well i seen one in a box the other day but we are moving units at the mo and i hope its not gone missing

wow this pic takes me back a few years !! i have had a route in the attic and have found a brand new unused gun very similar to this one. but it has a 100ml bottle attatched to the bottom it is designed purely for spray tanning. and will fit his compressor we used to sell them about 12 years ago before hvlp. i might have a compressor somewhere as well i seen one in a box the other day but we are moving units at the mo and i hope its not gone missing

Ah Steve you're an angel - so this is severley outdated then! Do you know about this bottle part way along the cable? Apparently 1m cable, bottle, 1m cable, gun - seems really strange to me - but it NOT for the solution as he found out the hard way. I'm thinking he's not going to just be able to replace this but will have to be the whole thing right?
Is it an equivalent to any of the current machines on the market?
Kx

yes the bottle thing is the moisture trap !! as its a compressor not hvlp the compressed air produces water vapour.
to be honest filling it with solution should not of wrecked the machine. they have a device that when the pressure builds up in the tank the motor turns off. he needs to empty the bottle and undo the valve to release the pressure in the tank. then the motor will kick in and it can be blown through and cleaned

I have these guns on my spray tattoo machine. I use paasche guns. If you google it then you should find quite a few.

Latest posts

Back