Do you apply a mineral powder after waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
People keep asking me after a brow wax do I have that powder that takes the redness away. I'm assuming they mean mineral makeup. I don't do makeup at the salon so havent had any to offer.

Do any if you geeks do this? Is it really ok for the skin? It seems a nice extra if so.

I'm wondering if I should buy a few for folk that want it applied.

We do it after EBW and lip waxing. The titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in the mineral range we stock act as an anti inflammatory plus an SPF . Clients are happy not to walk out the door with red marks lol

Sent from my Bumblebee

I like to use Lycogel after facial waxing. It's a breathable camouflage make up and is perfectly safe to use over waxed skin.

I like to use Lycogel after facial waxing. It's a breathable camouflage make up and is perfectly safe to use over waxed skin.
Ooh that sounds interesting!

That does sound interesting! I don't do makeup so is there a general colour you would use for majority of skin colors? I'd like to have this option in the salon but want to avoid buying every colour in the range! Sorry if this seems a daft question. X

Babs is lycogel made by lycon?

It is something to think about as I hate feelin like the clients expect more from their treatment.

We have Mii make-up in the salon and have a mini mineral stand with powders and brushes in the treatment room to apply mineral make-up after facial waxing, clients love it!

Here is a link.
It isn't cheap but it really is fantastic and can be used as a general foundation if you like a heavier one. It is excellent for pigmentation coverage etc and especially good at hiding redness following waxing whilst promoting the healing process.
There are various shades and I use the honey one.you would really need to have all the shades,I think there are about five if I remember correctly.
Have a look at the link where it goes into more detail. Hth

http://www.lycogel.co.uk/

The beauty therapist I go to has the Mii range, after I had a treatment and was particularly red she offered to put a bit of mineral foundation on me, I fell in love with it and now buy it all the time, probably well worth having some make up in so you could retail it too.

As a first, basic starter product, try Bisque by bare escentuals - excellent for covering redness, suits most lightish skintones and can be used immediately after waxing. hth

If you get on ok with this, then you can move on and try other concealers in the BE range.

i always use artdeco camoflague cream after brow/lip or chin waxing. it comes in several shades and kills the redness. it's not expensive either. obviously you will have coated the waxed area with a suitable afterwax cream or gel first.
this is also how i retail this product, everyone is so impressed with it they buy it for covering up blemishes etc.

Wow these sound great for a hd brow type treatment!
With the art deco do you stock a few colours? X

These all sound interesting. However I am not looking to get a makeup range in just yet so I am probably better buying the bisque by BE. Just to offer something to them for now.

Oh and I will look at the lycogel.

Thanks everyone :) x

Wow these sound great for a hd brow type treatment!
With the art deco do you stock a few colours? X

yes in my area because we are all pasty( :sad:) i use a lot of number 3,5 and 6 in the cam cream.

We have Mii make-up in the salon and have a mini mineral stand with powders and brushes in the treatment room to apply mineral make-up after facial waxing, clients love it!

Hi, I have heard a few comments from their reps and customers about Mii being a mineral range. They don't actually say it is on their own pages. There are some "mineral" based products used with with normal cosmetics as seen on their own website. So it is far from a complete mineral range, here is the online shop minerals - Makeup

No mineral lipsticks, glosses, mascaras, concealers, bases, eye pencils, lip pencils, no liquid minerals etc,

They say very clearly that the whole range was put together as an exercise after surveying people, hence the "mineral" bits to sell the concept. The individual products may be excellent or not but just not a full range.

Try Jane Iredale, Youngblood, Bare Essentuals, Glo Minerals, Fresh, or Artdeco for full mineral ranges. These companies can create full faces of mineral makeup which are perfect for after treatments. xxx

Thank you art deco :) x

Did you get it lolly? Would love to hear about it -what shades etc!x

I didn't buy anything yet. I've been so busy I've not had a chance to look into anything :) will update you if I do. X

Latest posts

Back