Tanning over strap marks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileNails

Reaction score
Hey.....Having a very duh(!) day (im blaming the heat) and all my braincells are frying. So needs some help!

My cousin messaged me asking about tanning her for her sisters wedding, but she has strap marks from LAST year. Will the tan cover it completely or will the marks be whiter still than the rest of her?

Sorry for asking such a simple question but honestly cant function today!!xx

Hey.....Having a very duh(!) day (im blaming the heat) and all my braincells are frying. So needs some help!

My cousin messaged me asking about tanning her for her sisters wedding, but she has strap marks from LAST year. Will the tan cover it completely or will the marks be whiter still than the rest of her?

Hi, we were told at training if anyone wanted a spray tan to cover up white marks (eg. sitting in sun) then no it wouldn't cover them completely. I suppose it depends on how white they are. I could be wrong so maybe someone with more experience than me will be able to help you more xx

I've tried on a couple of people to cover strap marks and have had good feedback. I have the HVLP 5008 with the pro gun, so I adjusted the spray flow to the direction I wanted to spray in and turned it down so that I got a smaller spray pattern. I did mine after spraying the rest of the body but I would suggest trying to "blend" beforehand and then doing your normal spray application. I used Fake Bake when I did this, don't know how it will work with other brands but you can only try! xxx

Hi there
I sprayed a few ladies with strap marks and unfortunatly it will not just blend in. I even tried spraying the strap marks (they were a wide vest type marks) then doing the rest of the body to let the solution soak in then comoing back over them, but you could still see them.
good luck

Latest posts

Back