Waxing help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoxx

Reaction score
Waxing help please
Hi i have had two lady's come for full leg wax both have come to me from the same salon, this salon uses roller wax, i use cream wax, have had real difficulty waxing both lady's legs. Would swapping from roller to cream make a difference, or am i just useless?. Also can you use a pre wax oil with any wax? thanks x

When you say you have had difficulty waxing their legs, what exactly happened? So we know how to help x

Sent from my HTC Legend using SalonGeek

Waxing help please
Hi i have had two lady's come for full leg wax both have come to me from the same salon, this salon uses roller wax, i use cream wax, have had real difficulty waxing both lady's legs. Would swapping from roller to cream make a difference, or am i just useless?. Also can you use a pre wax oil with any wax? thanks x

I use the Clean and Easy system and I use both cream and honey wax and going from honey roller wax to cream wax using a different system really doesn't make any difference at all.
Was the hair long enough to wax, had the clients shaved in between, were the legs cold and did you press firmly enough,then rub the wax strip to get good adhesion with hair,wax and strip.

I agree, it wouldn't make any difference which type of wax you use.

Do you think that maybe their previous waxer was breaking the hair instead ripping it out from the roots? This could make it grow back in all different directions and maybe that's why they're looking for a new waxer:wink2:

I agree with the above plus not all waxes work well with pre wax oil. I use Lycon which doesn't work well with pre wax oil but works fab with a small dusting of powder.

Thanks so much for the replys, should have said befor the wax just was not coming of the leg, and the strips lookd like they ripped.
Only hapend once befor and it was with one of the ladys(so i know its not the wax or strips) dont think she will be back again:rolleyes:. thats why i thought about oil the wax wouldnt stick to the leg then, would it? x

I still get that happening to me ocassionally in particular around the ankles. I live in a humid climate so i work with Aircon running and a overhead fan. This sometimes cools the wax a little quicker or sometimes my clients legs are cold. I just give an extra rub on the strip to warm the wax a bit more and to ensure its adhered well to the strip and that does the trick for me. In addition I have ocassionally experienced a few dud strips every now and again. I believe that pre wax oil works wonders (again depending on which wax you use) but you only need the tiniest bit or the wax won't spread well or stay on the leg. Hth x

Latest posts

Back