Doing your own waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed before, and some therapist are saying that they do their own legs, underarms and even brazilians!!!

My question is, HOW?!?!

I can't do under my arms because I found it impossible to stretch and up off my wax at the same time. My legs, I can't twist to dothe back off my legs. My bikini line, well I can't really see what I am doing! The only waxing I do on my self is lip and brows.

Am I missing something, or should I just keep trying and trying? X

I don't do my own bikini. But I can do my own underarms. I just use hot wax and stretch my arm up really high and pull it off. I have used strip a few times in the past and it was sorer and plus you can't stretch properly. I skinned myself a few times using strip.

If you fancy a trip south I'll do yours if you do mine because I'm buggered if I can do my own either PMSL :) I just pluck my brows though as once they're shaped it's just as easy... should probably do my upper lip next time I have the wax pot on lol

If you fancy a trip south I'll do yours if you do mine because I'm buggered if I can do my own either PMSL :) I just pluck my brows though as once they're shaped it's just as easy... should probably do my upper lip next time I have the wax pot on lol

Lol! If you weren't so far away then I would take you up on that :)

Think you are right though. Maybe I should give up trying to do it myself and find someone to do a treatment swop with x

Sorry but I am in stitches reading this. I actually did my own bikini wax a few weeks ago and yes, it is not easy. There was wax everywhere. I did not have enough hands and I am so glad there was no one else in the house to hear my screams lol. I use the phd wax as I'm mobile but this was probably why I found it difficult. Going to go to the salon next time. They do it in 20 mins whereas it took me nearly an hour:)

I usually get the other therapist to do my waxing and I do hers. It's very hard to find time though when neither of us have clients.
Last week I did my own waxing. I did eyebrows, lips, nose, leg and hollywood myself but got the other therapist to do my underarms.
I would rather she did it but when needs must then I can do it myself.

I do my own underarms by placing my hand high up on a wall/mirror to get the stretch but it's not easy and I often feel woozy when trying to look at my actual pit as I go cross eyed lol I still get the ocassional skin lift on one side but I've decided to enlist my bestie. We've agreed that I'll teach her to do pits so she can do mine in exchange for me doing hers but sometimes I need it done before I see her so I'm back to hand on wall!

Legs are mostly fine and fortunately I don't have much on the back part so no biggy if I miss a few, I just bring out the tweezers!

Braz/Hollywood (all off) is more of a challenge but it's manageable. Though I do cheat and do mine every 3-4 weeks as I think if it grew much longer I'd chicken out! I often amaze myself at the positions I get myself into (ensure door is locked) and feel quite chufted with myself afterwards knowing I've managed amazingly to remove every single hair!

I can do my eyebrows, and half leg. I did think about doing my bikini but thought against it.

I do my own underarms by placing my hand high up on a wall/mirror to get the stretch but it's not easy and I often feel woozy when trying to look at my actual pit as I go cross eyed lol I still get the ocassional skin lift on one side but I've decided to enlist my bestie. We've agreed that I'll teach her to do pits so she can do mine in exchange for me doing hers but sometimes I need it done before I see her so I'm back to hand on wall!

Legs are mostly fine and fortunately I don't have much on the back part so no biggy if I miss a few, I just bring out the tweezers!

Braz/Hollywood (all off) is more of a challenge but it's manageable. Though I do cheat and do mine every 3-4 weeks as I think if it grew much longer I'd chicken out! I often amaze myself at the positions I get myself into (ensure door is locked) and feel quite chufted with myself afterwards knowing I've managed amazingly to remove every single hair!

Yeah I get like that doing my underarms because your looking at them for too long lol. X

We should be allowed a skills swap thread on here :) That would be genius!

I do my own hollywood bit tricky at first but now can do it in 10mins. strech my legs all over the place, not a pretty sight. I cant wax my legs for the life of me. I find it hurts way way way to much. :) xx

I used to do all my own waxing - full leg, bikini, brows, lip and arms. Now I have my legs and bikini done by someone else as a treat because it's quicker and less messy! I have done plenty of lip waxes on other people without a problem but every time I do mine I take the skin off in the same place no matter what I do - last time was particularly bad and I ended up with a horrible-looking scab attached to my face in the shape of a moustache for 3 days - not a good look! It was also really painful and I could hardly move my face! Got some strange looks! So I've decided to stop waxing my lip and just live with it, and now the only waxing I do myself is my arms.

Lol I'm too scared to do my face!

I can't do my own either. I used to do my own legs (lower) and it was a right old faff trying to do the backs. I wouldn't even try to do my own bikini, except maybe just the bit at the top of the thighs. I have hollywood waxes and I wouldn't be able to reach or get in the right position to do my own. Haha, don't think I'm flexible enough!

I do my own hollywood bit tricky at first but now can do it in 10mins. strech my legs all over the place, not a pretty sight. I cant wax my legs for the life of me. I find it hurts way way way to much. :) xx
I to do my own Hollywood and yes it does involve a bit of gymnastics, I cant do my underarms (cant get a stretch, once did the front of my legs and felt all proud of myself until I realised that I couldnt do the backs :irked:
xxxxxx

I do all of my own waxing. Yes i need to get in a few different positions (much to my husbands amusement) and it does take longer to do myself than someone else but i get there and there's not a hair left in sight! Only time i haven't is when i was pregnant and couldn't bend far and it was very strange going to someone
to do my bits and pieces! Good luck!

I thought... "right if all these ladies can do their own... I shall try to do my bikini line....".... OH F***!!!! ARGHARGHARGHARGH never again! :lol:
I know it hurts when I get others to do it but I figured I'd be brave pfffffft!!!

Nope - I'll either pay or skills swap I think! :o

Anyone in Oxon/Bucks? ;)

ETA - the worst bit was having done half I HAD to do the other half or I'd have been lob sided... *sob*...

haha Tinxy, that is why I won't attempt to do my own hollywood!

I do my own hollywood aswell. Perched on a stool with a mirror legs a kimbo. Not very gracious but hey does the trick xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I thought... "right if all these ladies can do their own... I shall try to do my bikini line....".... OH F***!!!! ARGHARGHARGHARGH never again! :lol:
I know it hurts when I get others to do it but I figured I'd be brave pfffffft!!!

Nope - I'll either pay or skills swap I think! :o

Anyone in Oxon/Bucks? ;)

ETA - the worst bit was having done half I HAD to do the other half or I'd have been lob sided... *sob*...

Sorry Tinxy but that just about made me wet myself! Lol Two thumbs up for finishing the job and I agree no good being lop sided haha x

Latest posts

Back