Nouvatan tent trouble!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsjl

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just wanted some advice on my tanning tent, I trained with Nouvatan in December and was shown how to fold my tent, I found this quite easy to start with but have noticed the last three or four times it won't fold properly, mainly when I hold the folded half with the wires and push under (if that makes any sense) It just won't go, I'm having to leave it out of the bag.

I watched a YouTube clip of Dawn from Nouvatan folding a tent and she mentions making sure the wires are lined up along the sides, I wasn't told this bit in my training so didn't know it was important.

Does this mean now I'm struggling with it I have done it damage with folding incorrectly to begin with and can I rectify it or will I need a new tent :sad: ? Xxx

Have you tried turning the tent over and folding it the other way?

The wire used in the tents comes off a big roll and so bends easily one way and doesn't like to bend the other way - so if the tent seems to be fighting you when you fold it try going back to the flat stage flip the tent over and try again, this should mean that the tent folds easily as you have the wires the correct way and they fold away naturally.

It may just be a case of the wired being twisted so if you try to turn them so that there are no twists in them all the way round it might help. I took my new tent which had never been opened to my training (I trained with a different company) and when my trainer tried to put down my tent it wouldn't fold, the wires were already twisted... Anyway after straightening them out my tent pops up and down perfectly :) xx

Yes I forgot to add what Baggybear just mentioned, my tent will only fold in one direction too, do try to do as Baggy said, hope you get it sorted xx

its very unlikely to have damaged the spring but it may be twisted, when it is in the big taco shape lie it flat on the floor put all the wires in line on one side and using the palm of your hand press and rub up wrds and around the tent, this will take out any twists and your tent should operate normally again

Thanks guys! I shall lay it out flat tomorrow and try to make sure there are no twists in the wire! I'll also try it both ways but I seem to think I tried that with no luck! Thanks again for your help! xxx

Latest posts

Back