Eyelash Emporium glue stinging

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of clients eyes stinging and watering with this glue? It is not the platinum glue just the medium.

I have done 4 sets of lashes and every set the clients had said it nips their eyes. Is it just me?

Thanks

x

When they open their eyes or whilst the treatment is being done? X

Well a mixture - a couple have had watery eyes whilst getting it done and a couple have had stinging eyes after. It is quite Fumey though x

There's not a lot you can do if it's during aside from use a different glue. Do you leave the client ten minutes after the final lash is attached x

Hey,

Definitely NOT just you! The first 3 clients I used Eyelash Emporium glue on noticed the different between the previous glue I had been using. ALL complained of stinging...not only at the end, but even during the proceedure. These were not people new to extensions, nor did I use a different proceedure from any other time I had done their lashes.

It also made two people have watery eyes during the proceedure. In one case it was so bad I had to abandon the proceedure.

I was so concerned I asked a collegue if she would try the glue. She allowed me to apply a set of lashes using this glue. She said it was VERY stingy both during and after the proceedure. Also, she had to remove the lashes after less than a week because every time she washed her face or showered her eyes were stinging again.

I told the Eyelash Emporium folk about this at a beauty show. They seemed not to care. Stated how many of 1000's of bottles they had sold and stated that I was the ONLY person that had noted a problem with stinging. They were far more concerned with getting more clients to use the glue than listening to me. They promised to get back to me after the show to discuss the problem further. The did NOT follow up my complaint!

Stince speaking with them at the show one of the people developed a weird rash and swelling on her eyelid and had to have her lash extensions removed.

I will NEVER use this glue again!

Hey,

Definitely NOT just you! The first 3 clients I used Eyelash Emporium glue on noticed the different between the previous glue I had been using. ALL complained of stinging...not only at the end, but even during the proceedure. These were not people new to extensions, nor did I use a different proceedure from any other time I had done their lashes.

It also made two people have watery eyes during the proceedure. In one case it was so bad I had to abandon the proceedure.

I was so concerned I asked a collegue if she would try the glue. She allowed me to apply a set of lashes using this glue. She said it was VERY stingy both during and after the proceedure. Also, she had to remove the lashes after less than a week because every time she washed her face or showered her eyes were stinging again.

I told the Eyelash Emporium folk about this at a beauty show. They seemed not to care. Stated how many of 1000's of bottles they had sold and stated that I was the ONLY person that had noted a problem with stinging. They were far more concerned with getting more clients to use the glue than listening to me. They promised to get back to me after the show to discuss the problem further. The did NOT follow up my complaint!

Stince speaking with them at the show one of the people developed a weird rash and swelling on her eyelid and had to have her lash extensions removed.

I will NEVER use this glue again!
Omg I didn't think they would be like that am very shocked did u speak to wilma x

ahhh i just swopped over to this glue last week

i thought it smelled very strong

and on the customer i did lashes on i had to totally stop and remove lashes as they were stinging so bad and watering all over place

i patch tested one of my brides to be because it made me worried the glue was the problem

Strange as I genuinely have never had a problem, nothing at all x

i have used it in treatments for over a year, not a single reaction or stinging. i strongly suggest calling them and asking for wilma and talk through your problems, she is very knowledgeable and can try and find out why it is happening

I use the ultra and if you leave it for 10 mins after the treatment the client won't have watery eyes when they open them xx

Wilma is fab I agree.

I have one client who has come to me for 2 years and developed a reaction to the original ultra. Now I can use the Platinum Ultra on her with just minor sniffles.

I do think it smells quite strong and not sure if it's as good as the old one - strength wise. But it's great to use. Very quick drying with very little separating required.

On the whole I'm happy with it and more importantly I trust it implicitly safety wise. Wilma is stringent in safety first.

Hi. I am an instructor at a beauty school in Roswell, New Mexico. We recently implemented teaching the students how to apply eyelash extensions, but i am refusing to teach it until they have the correct glue ( they are currently using false eyelash glue). Please give me some professional recommendations on which glue we should purchase or which system to use. I am afraid because there are so many and I def dont want the bottom of the barrel!

Start off with a slow glue...check jbcosmetics for a school discount package for your school... i am not affiliated with them and I dont even use their glues anymore but i know they use quality ingredients (no formaldahyde) and they are here in the U.S

oh its jbcosmetics.com

Latest posts

Back