When ill, what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
When working mobile what do you do when you're ill?
At what stage will you cancel appointments?
Also, even if you weren't going to cancel the appointment due to being ill, (you just felt very ill) would you pre-warn the client you are not well in case they don't want you in their home?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks from a poorly Geek!

I'm not mobile but work for myself I try n go in no matter how ill obviously if I had a sickness bug I won't but it depends how u feel!

Yeah I don't intend cancelling any appointments, as I have always had the attitude of 'suck it up and get on with it'! However, I'm wondering if I should pre-warn my clients in case they don't want me in their home! I'm still happy to do their treatments though. I just don't want to impose my illness upon them! I guess at least if I pre-warn them, then it's their decision to be around me!?

I work unless i have a tummy upset then obviously you cant.

I'm afraid i still see clients if i ill and dont mention anything uless its a cold which you cant hide.

I find that clients dont tell you that you are ill. I often have turned up at a client and they are like ive been on the loo all night or i have a really bad cold. I would rather they rang and cancelled but people dont so im not going to loose out on business if im ill either.

Yep same, I'm not mobile either but in the salon I suck it up as much as possible and only reschedule if tummy bug or raging fever, basically if I just can't function properly. if I have a cold I wear one of those little paper masks so I don't breath all over the clients. Hope your feeling better soon! X

Latest posts

Back