Hot wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula's beauty

Reaction score
When waxing the face do you apply jasmine oil? I use berins blue

Yes :) it doesn't take a lot mind you - just a little smidgen :) Depending on how fine the facial hairs are you might be able to use the strip wax rather than the blue though (still use oil!)

I always use Jasmine Oil for all waxing. And I only use non-strip on the face.

Mat

I also use it but I thought I read or heard Lori Nestore doesn't use it on the face. I will watch her DVD's again to check.

Lori recommends using the jasmine oil from the neck down in her instructional videos. Exceptions being where a client has sensitive skin and problems such as lifting (with good technique). I always use my products as intended/instructed by the manufacturer. After all, it's in their best interest for you to get the best result!

I understand why some geeks choose to use the oil on the face. As i use hard was for all facial waxing it is adhering to the hair, not skin and is less of a concern (than on body). Also I find I can pickup more of the fine soft growth without it. That's just me though! X

I also use it but I thought I read or heard Lori Nestore doesn't use it on the face. I will watch her DVD's again to check.

Typing same time Paula sorry!

This is the reason for writing. I had a client in yesterday for a eyebrow wax, I cleansed with lavender lotion then jasmine oil. I did find not all the hair was removed. I make sure I just wipe over with oil, trying not to use too much.
On Lori's Dvd she doesn't use tweezers and I have been trying very hard to do the same, u suppose its habit. I love shaping eyebrows, it take style and flair and us geeks have it :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I use very little oil on the face prior to waxing, a lot less than I do on the body.

I'm with Lori as I wouldn't use it on the face but I would apply it around the nose when doing a nostril wax and I would put oil on the lips if they're dry when I'm waxing above the lip.

I'm the same as Kim and only use it for nostril waxing.
As for not using tweezers, why do you suddenly not want to use tweezers just because someone else doesn't.
If doing an eyebrow wax then I always tweeze any stray hairs that are left rather than going over with wax again. You can get a good defined shape with tweezers so if that's what you need to use then I'd carry on using them :biggrin:

You can't do the perfect brow without tweezers. Although we can all remove all of the hair with wax, it's best to finish off with tweezers to make them look wonderful.

Latest posts

Back