Help! Beauty couch slipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly girl

Reaction score
Hi, i am a mobile beauty therapist. I have a problem with my couch slipping on wood floor in client's homes. It happens as they get off the couch. I usually hold the couch steady for them to get off but if someone catches me by surprise and gets off before i expect them to the couch flips onto its side very quickly and gives me and my poor clients a fright! I have awful visions of someones furniture getting damaged by this. I have quite a heavy, sturdy couch. Does anyone have any ideas to steady it so this doesn't happen. I thought about castors under the feet but i cant see this having much effect. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Theres probably something simple im not thinking of lol :wink2:

Buy a thin cheap rubber door mat from Tescos or Wilkies. Cut squares to match the size of the bottoms of the legs and use tacks/nails & hammer in from the sides of the rubber diagonally up into the feet of the couch. Don't hammer in from underneath or they will scratch wooden floors...OR use same rubber mat squares and glue on with strong diy glue that you can get from Wilkies/Wickes/Homebase.
Hope this helps?

Great thanks, I knew there would be a simple solution :)x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back