What on earth is going wrong... I can't take anymore

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Does anyone know what on earth is going on with either my gun (ts20) or solution. Or technique even?

I just had to give 4 tans for free because they weren't happy. These girls have a ten every week and I can't afford to lose £60 a week.

Here's an example of how their skin looks! It's dotty and it looks worse in flesh! I just do not know what's going on. I open my mini salon In 8 days. I can't go on like this.

It happened last week and this is the first time since I've tanned since.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333047811.431041.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333047811.431041.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 406
Have you tried cleaning your gun? Maybe theres a blockage somewhere?

Just a guess lol

when was the photo taken pp? As in how many days after the tan? x

It's new :-(

Even if its new, It can still have dust in it hun, from storage in the manufacturers! Def worth giving it a clean! Then if you're really nervous about trying it on a client, get a family or friend to spray your legs So you can see first hand! I'm pretty sure after a good clean it will be fine! Xxx

This happens now and again with me when there isn't enough tan in bottle but the tan always comes out ok, how were they after debpvelopment?xx

This happens now and again with me when there isn't enough tan in bottle but the tan always comes out ok, how were they after debpvelopment?xx

It was only tonight x

Aw crap!

One of the girls just said "I don't think I'm going out next week so won't need a tan next Thursday thanks clare" she has had a tan every week for the last 4 months :-(

Get them to let you know what it's like after development and wash off! It might be fine hun! Don't be too disheartened just yet! Give your gun a good clean anyway! I did, even though mine was new xxx

I'd say don't panic hun, tell the girls to shower as normal in the morning and then give them a call or ask them to pop round, you may find the are ok, if not deal with it tomorrow! Xx

Aw crap!

One of the girls just said "I don't think I'm going out next week so won't need a tan next Thursday thanks clare" she has had a tan every week for the last 4 months :-(

That in itself prooves this isn't your technique if she's been coming back every week for 4 months.. I wouldn't worry about it being you who's caused it. I've got the ts20 but mines never behaved like this before.

have you shaken your bottle before you begun? is the little black filter clean? (mine gets filthy after just a couple of tans im always rinsing it under the tap) have you got the pick up tube in the correct hole? (closest to the gun handle)?

I read a thread on here before were the tube was in the wrong hole & caused a speckled tan.

I'd strip it back & clean it all, wash the filter, check the gland nut, & do one trial tan.. If it was still happening I would telephone who it was bought from & explain all this to them x

That in itself prooves this isn't your technique if she's been coming back every week for 4 months.. I wouldn't worry about it being you who's caused it. I've got the ts20 but mines never behaved like this before.

have you shaken your bottle before you begun? is the little black filter clean? (mine gets filthy after just a couple of tans im always rinsing it under the tap) have you got the pick up tube in the correct hole? (closest to the gun handle)?

I read a thread on here before were the tube was in the wrong hole & caused a speckled tan.

I'd strip it back & clean it all, wash the filter, check the gland nut, & do one trial tan.. If it was still happening I would telephone who it was bought from & explain all this to them x

Totally agree xxx

hi proper princess, i had the same thing with dotty tans and it turned out the needle on the gun had snapped off. do the clients mention how the tan feels when its going on? it feels like your being hit with sharp bits, thats the only way i can explain it. i had to get a new gun. try not to panic. hope you get sorted

hi proper princess, i had the same thing with dotty tans and it turned out the needle on the gun had snapped off. do the clients mention how the tan feels when its going on? it feels like your being hit with sharp bits, thats the only way i can explain it. i had to get a new gun. try not to panic. hope you get sorted

Can u not buy new needles then Hun? X

Phewwww! I cleaned the whole thing through and my darling boyfriend who has never had a spray tan volunteered and it's perfect!!!!

I did the nail polish marker thing too! 40ml! Woo hoo!

Me and my fresh indulgence and this Ts20 can live in bronzed harmony! :)

Well I'm not happy he now looks better than me but I can't have it all :)

Thank you all for your help!

Phewwww! I cleaned the whole thing through and my darling boyfriend who has never had a spray tan volunteered and it's perfect!!!!

I did the nail polish marker thing too! 40ml! Woo hoo!

Me and my fresh indulgence and this Ts20 can live in bronzed harmony! :)

Well I'm not happy he now looks better than me but I can't have it all :)

Thank you all for your help!

Awwww That's good! :D Tell your 4 ladies this too! Tell them your gun must have had dust in for being in the manufacturers and it's all fine now! This way you should be able to keep your regulars too :)

Awwww That's good! :D Tell your 4 ladies this too! Tell them your gun must have had dust in for being in the manufacturers and it's all fine now! This way you should be able to keep your regulars too :)

Yeah good idea. Don't want to lose them :) thank u xx

Maybe it could be how the tan from the week before has faded ?? Some times goes but snake skin looking cx

heyy great that your gun working again and sory to hear what happened. I am a mobile spray tan therapist and if you geet £60 a week from these ladies, this is a lot to lose. to keep on their good side, I think I would be proposing to maybe give them all a free half body spray tan next week as they are not going out, as what is 80ml of solution and a bit of petrol to lose rather than lose their business and show them that it really was just your machinery.

Latest posts

Back