New to spray tanning...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraluuu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this site and to also tanning and just wanting some advice:biggrin:

I am attending a course this coming monday, i have ordered the Maximist XL today and that should be here shortly along with some disposables.

Would anyone be able to advise on some tanning solutions, i have been looking at the Suntana and the OMG products but really have no clue (i do have some Suntana & Laurens Way solutions samples on order)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I used to use Xen tan but have now switched to nouvatan and I wouldn't look back fantastic service colour and price xx

Nouvatan is a lovely colour hun. Really natural Looking, even the darker shades! Lovely brown! No orange at all! You can also mix different %s together so you don't need to buy them all, e.g. Mix an 8% and 12% to make a 10%!
It's great as you can buy 8%, 12% and 16% and that means you can offer 5 shades as you can mix 50/50
And offer 8,10,12,14&16!! It also has a great fade off and smells nice!

Everyone will have their own choices hun. I'm sure others will be along soon to give their view, however, I don't think you'd be disappointed with Nouvatan! Def worth trying a sample! Phone them to order the sample though and then there will be no p&p charge! Have a try of a few brands and see what you and your clients (guinea pigs) like!

Hope this helps hun! Good luck on your new venture! It's very exciting :) xxx

Nouvatan is a lovely colour hun. Really natural Looking, even the darker shades! Lovely brown! No orange at all! You can also mix different %s together so you don't need to buy them all, e.g. Mix an 8% and 12% to make a 10%!
It's great as you can buy 8%, 12% and 16% and that means you can offer 5 shades as you can mix 50/50
And offer 8,10,12,14&16!! It also has a great fade off and smells nice!

Everyone will have their own choices hun. I'm sure others will be along soon to give their view, however, I don't think you'd be disappointed with Nouvatan! Def worth trying a sample! Phone them to order the sample though and then there will be no p&p charge! Have a try of a few brands and see what you and your clients (guinea pigs) like!

Hope this helps hun! Good luck on your new venture! It's very exciting :) xxx

Deffo agree with you glamoureyes, Nouvatan is lovely x

Wow thanks everyone,so many replies already!! What do you guys generally pay for Nouvatan and what would you charge your clients?

Sorry clueless should be my username:lol: xx

Wow thanks everyone,so many replies already!! What do you guys generally pay for Nouvatan and what would you charge your clients?

Sorry clueless should be my username:lol: xx

Not allowed to put trade prices on here hun, but I you go to the Nouvatan website and create a login u can see trade prices then. The more litres you buy, the cheaper it gets per litre!
Price for treatment depends on area hun, you will find most people on here tend to charge £15-£20 per tan
and some offer discounts if 3 or more friends have it done together (as you only new to travel to one place if mobile, set up once and pack away once!
Have a look at prices in your area and maybe go for the average hun! Run a special offer when you start to entice people to try it out! You'd be surprised how many people you will get that have never tried a spray tab before xxx

Ooops sorry, i will take a look shortly. Youve given me some great ideas, im really excited now thanks:)

I am confused about mixing the solutions, how n you mix an 8% & 12% to make 10? Im sure all thiswill be explained on my course on monday:confused: xxx

Ooops sorry, i will take a look shortly. Youve given me some great ideas, im really excited now thanks:)

I am confused about mixing the solutions, how n you mix an 8% & 12% to make 10? Im sure all thiswill be explained on my course on monday:confused: xxx

The 8% will Lighten the 12% to make it a 10% Hun. You take the average of the two colours you've mixed together!
You have to do an even 50/50 split and you have to shake well too :) x

Oh i see thanks! I can tell this site is going to be really useful x

Oh i see thanks! I can tell this site is going to be really useful x

It is sooooo helpful, ANY question you have either someone has asked it before or will know the answer :)

It's great if you're mobile as you don't feel alone, you have the support of all the lovely geeks on here :)

Keep us posted with how it all goes for you at training and what solution you choose :)

Xxx

Yes I ill be mobile so this site will be used A LOT by myself!! thanks again :) x

Nouvatan gets my vote :)

Latest posts

Back