What to charge models?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoannaELH

Reaction score
Really want to start offering massage, I completed my level 3 bout 5 years ago, I dont feel like I would need a refresher course but a little bit of practice before paying clients, I have a few friends who would happily let me practice on them, but as from previous experience once I've started doing them for free I feel like I cant ask them to pay, so was thinking of putting a status up on Facebook asking if anyone would be willing to model for me for a small fee, what would be a reasonable price to charge friends or shud you not charge friends to practice on?

Really want to start offering massage, I completed my level 3 bout 5 years ago, I dont feel like I would need a refresher course but a little bit of practice before paying clients, I have a few friends who would happily let me practice on them, but as from previous experience once I've started doing them for free I feel like I cant ask them to pay, so was thinking of putting a status up on Facebook asking if anyone would be willing to model for me for a small fee, what would be a reasonable price to charge friends or shud you not charge friends to practice on?

If you feel that confident then yes, charge.

You could do 30 mins back neck shoulder Swedish £8 and full body £16

So if you add aroma or hot stone you can cap it at £20

Good oils don't come cheap, if you go to them you have to cover your fuel and your giving the most priceless thing... Your time xxx

I can see both sides...how about offering free for a month...I wouldn't expect to pay to be a model - and in fact I am regularly a model for a local massage school and don't pay.

When I started I was most worried about the time factor, ie bringing my treatments in on time, so I offered selected friends free treatments for a set time. I clearly stated this; most very sweetly tried to insist on paying, which I refused, and one brought me a bottle of Champagne ( that's the sort of friends I've got ) :wink2:

Some actually became regular clients, at a regular price.

I would say, in my experience, free is fine. Raising prices may be more difficult.

How about you just advertise it at about half the price you want to charge and make sure everyone knows It's only that price until you gain experience, or just say It's an Introductory offer for 1 month? xx

If I was in your situation I would work out how much my FULL price would be and the do say an 'Introductory Price for Month Of April '

If you charge nothing then it is very difficult to go from that point

As I said for example if you full price is going to be £30 for a treatment . Get a flyer printed saying something like

This Months Offer- Half price on all back massages until the end of April -Book now as limited places

I NEVER say that it is half price because - I need experience , am newly qualified ecte ct

xx

PS At the college I went to years ago our models DID have to pay a fee for the treatment - It was not free to them

The college I went to, models had to pay aswell think Im going to do the half price offer for a month, see how I get on, Thanks for all your reply's x

Latest posts

Back