Doh!! Spray tan gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowtanning

Reaction score
After months of having ups and downs with my spray tans and gradually feeling less and less confident, I decided to have a play with my gun. I have the HVLP 5008 with the pro gun, the instructions tell you to set the nozzle to the horizontal position for a vertical spray and vice versa for a horizontal spray but have found the gun to streak terribly when spraying vertically. So today I get the machine out, get out my kitchen towell and have a play and see which is the best spray pattern......yep you've guess it, horizontal setting for horrizontal spraying and vertical setting for vertical spraying!! All of a sudden feel much more confident!!

yeah my trainer taught me that it was the other way around too but i just switched as i thought it was better lol x

The machine I trained with was a pig so completely different, can't believe the instructions are advising you incorrectly. Having said that the instructions are for the standard gun but even in the Nouvatan video I've just watched they had the setting horizontal for a horizontal flow. Annoyed with myself that I didn't play with it sooner!! Oh well xx

Just done two spray tans perfectly, no problems at all and I'm a very happy girl! :biggrin:

That's weird, my instructions just show you a picture of how it should be set for each pattern.

At least you've figured it out now!

Mine shows three pictures, vertical, horizontal and circular but then it says at the side which setting gives which spray pattern but it's opposite to the way I have found to be better! It's really odd!

I spray up and down (not left to right). So I think the best way to have the setting is horizontal. However I have the bit at the front vertically as I thought this gives sprays in a horizontal rugby ball shape. Are you saying this is wrong?? I'm so confused!! X

I spray up and down (not left to right). So I think the best way to have the setting is horizontal. However I have the bit at the front vertically as I thought this gives sprays in a horizontal rugby ball shape. Are you saying this is wrong?? I'm so confused!! X

Ignore that, I've just re read it and it makes sense to me now! My setting is vertical, and I spray vertical. Phew!!!! :) xx

Im going to have a play with mine just done my first and so much overspray had it set to horizontol spray (which is the position of vertical) and i spray side to side if that makes sense now i know to change it thanks a lot! :) x x x

Latest posts

Back