I start spraying tonight, aghh!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroline.f

Reaction score
so tonights the night i start spray tanning. got 4 clients. ahh im so nervous. one client is a male!! got everything set up and ready. i hope i do ok.

Will post how well i do lol :lol:

Good luck you'll be fine :0) x

4 on your first night? well done you! :) Best of luck!

so tonights the night i start spray tanning. got 4 clients. ahh im so nervous. one client is a male!! got everything set up and ready. i hope i do ok.

Will post how well i do lol :lol:

You'll be fine, good luck. X

thanks everyone!!

well, eveything was fine with the spraying and clients were happy but one text me this morning and said her hands were darker than anywhere else and her arms and legs were still pale! she chose 10% siennx x solution.

I did exactly the same on the male client and hes really happy with the result. This lady is quite pale and doesnt tan well in the sun, she wanted to go slightly darker than what the 8% would do as she was going out for a birthday.

any reason for it not showing up?? she said spray tans have never worked on her.

advice please!!!

thanks everyone!!

well, eveything was fine with the spraying and clients were happy but one text me this morning and said her hands were darker than anywhere else and her arms and legs were still pale! she chose 10% siennx x solution.

I did exactly the same on the male client and hes really happy with the result. This lady is quite pale and doesnt tan well in the sun, she wanted to go slightly darker than what the 8% would do as she was going out for a birthday.

any reason for it not showing up?? she said spray tans have never worked on her.

advice please!!!

Did u ask her what time she washed it off hun? Maybe it never take because she's too impatient and washes it off too soon!
Well done for doing 4 on your first night! :) x

she washed it off this morning, so was more than 8 hours. I saw one of the other girls today and her tan looks lush!! really no idea what went wrong.

she washed it off this morning, so was more than 8 hours. I saw one of the other girls today and her tan looks lush!! really no idea what went wrong.

:/ erm... Maybe if she moisturises she might have still had some residue on arms and legs??? X

Did u use the prep spray on her?
Maybe might help it to 'grab' more. Maybe she could try the 12% lol??xx

no i didnt use any prep spray.

the night before she shaved, exfoliated and moisturised. I applied the barrier cream to her palms, elbows and knees and sprayed as shown on my course.

strange. might see if i can get her to have another one

^ Did she shower the moisturiser off? Moisturiser will act as a barrier to spray tan.

^ Did she shower the moisturiser off? Moisturiser will act as a barrier to spray tan.
Not from the night before it won't. The fact it was on the skin all night and most of the day before she got tanned means it would have been absorbed by the skin and there wouldn't be any barrier left on the skin to affect the tan.

It could be purfume as some purfume ingredients can take days to be fully absorbed by the skin or washed off. My guess would be that you didn't spray as much product as you thought you had onto these areas and a bit more solution would have produced a perfect tan. Most of us have little issues like this when we first start tanning so don't be too harsh on yourself.

I can remember going and tanning 4 girls, 2 at one address and 2 more at another address not long after I started and I was trialing different solutions. I was over cautious and had my gun turned down way too much so none of them had any tan the next morning lol. I had sprayed 2 thin coats exactly as trained but had only used about 20ml per tan lol.

I offered them all a respray and appologised stating it was my fault as I'd been over cautious with my gun settings. They all had resprays eventually and loved their tans but it was so funny that when I got home I already kinda knew I hadn't used enough solution and they wouldn't tan properly because of it lol.

^ Oh really? I just figured nothing could be on the skin at all. Good to know!

The advice is nothing on the skin after an exfoliating shower the night before.

I have had quite a few clients that don't listen and get out of the shower and slap on the moisturiser as it's thier routine.
As long as it has enough time to totally sink in to the skin there is no issue.
I would tell a client that it 'could' mean the tan turns out lighter than it would if they had not applied the cream but the barrier effect would be almost non existant after that length of time.

Just think about when you put cream on, how long afterwards does your skin feel nice? 2 hours? 4 hours? 12 hours? more?

Usually the moisturiser has totally sunk into the skin after just a few hours and the top layer of skin is fine and barrier free, I'd say definatley ok after around 12 hours especially if some of those are spent in bed. Unless of course it is a really oily cream but most people don't use moisturisers that are that oily that they stay on the skin for 12 hours.

i think you might be right about being cautious. i was told to mark off with a black marker pen on the bottles after each tan and when i had finished spraying, i realised i hadnt used very much, the bottles were still quite full. maybe thats the reason then. ill offer them a free spray and hopefully i do better. thanks for the advice everyone!! :)

Latest posts

Back