Advice regarding waxing? See pic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
So my sisters legs are like this and this is at a good time. She doesn't shave often... Once every 4 weeks maybe as it hurts her. She has had 5 different prescribed creams and antibiotics. They say it's a form of eczema or maybe folicitis. She's had this 2 years, maybe a few months more. Now it's coming to summer she wants me to wax them as the shaving makes it worse and doctor suggested waxing. What do you guys think? She's desperate. Bare in mind this is my twin sister so my concern is her not my insurance etc XOR can anyone recommend treatment or product that may help? Xxxx

Ooops here's the pics xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333379071.980481.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333379071.980481.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 241
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333379115.411936.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333379115.411936.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 226
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333379138.895593.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333379138.895593.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 224
I know it takes a long time to do but have you thought about threading, totally natural and putting nothing on the skin

I would wax these with a hot wax, then you'll have no skin adhesion to worry about.

If you can get hold of some lycojet wax by Lycon then that would be great. It's a hot wax that is formulated to be applied thinner than traditional and more modern hot waxes, so you can actually apply it in strips from knee to ankle.

It does have a very particular method of application and removal, even compared to standard hot wax, so if you want me to explain it to you just PM me.

HTH

I would do a small area on her leg with Berins personally... because you apply a layer of oil first the wax doesn't stick to the skin like it can do with other waxes - PR I think works on the same principles so should be a good option too but I can't speak for that brand as only played briefly with it at the beauty show :)
You could hot wax it but it's very time consuming and expensive... I'd try warm wax first, but the Berins or PR :)

As well as gentle exfoliation I suggest she uses something naturally anti bacterial or anti fungal even on her legs - speak to a trained therapist for some essential oils advice but a few drops of chamomile, tea tree and maybe even lavender in a bath once a week may help...

I don't do threading or hot wax :-( maybe ill have to add one of these and do some extra training.

She's tried tea tree and anti bac products so is going to try the chamomile x

I'd rather it get better before waxing or any kind of treatments really. X

Just a thought but has she had any allergy testing done to see if there's a connection? it could be a random contact reaction or food intolerance, so she could rule them out.

I would let them grow as long as she stand it then wax them with hot wax. Perron Rigot Pure or Cristalline would be best.

Get her to dry brush them for 30 secs daily but keep the dry brush clean in between brushing. Apply either a prescribed cream or a more natural or medicated kind. Her skin looks very dry bless her. Nothing perfumed.

Less is more so get her to leave them alone in between waxes and wax the every four weeks.

I think she'll see a great improvement (I hope).

My sister had a form of excema that looked almost identical to this, got so sore she had to stop shaving them.

I've been waxing her legs for over a year now and it's all cleared up. X

Ooops here's the pics xx

I have a friend at college who's skin is just like this, we wax her all the time and it's not made it any worse, in fact she has commented on how she is less itchy now.
hth:hug:

Just a thought but has she had any allergy testing done to see if there's a connection? it could be a random contact reaction or food intolerance, so she could rule them out.

I thought this and the doctor just dismissed me when I went with her xx

I would let them grow as long as she stand it then wax them with hot wax. Perron Rigot Pure or Cristalline would be best.

Get her to dry brush them for 30 secs daily but keep the dry brush clean in between brushing. Apply either a prescribed cream or a more natural or medicated kind. Her skin looks very dry bless her. Nothing perfumed.

Less is more so get her to leave them alone in between waxes and wax the every four weeks.

I think she'll see a great improvement (I hope).

She does leave them alone to be fair during winter but now it's bothering her as she won't wear but wants to wear shorts etc

I'll give this a go cx thanks Kim xxx

I had a client who also suffered like your sister. I waxed her for years and within a few waxes her legs improved loads. And disappeared over time. If possible for weeping or spatula contamination either use loads of spatula's or use I refill tub for only her X

If after following kim's advice things don't improve definitely look into allergies, go to a doctor that will listen to your concerns!

I had a gf who thought she was reacting poorly to shaving initially. After many trips to the doctor and eventually dermatologist, it turned out she had developed an allergic reaction to her children's guinea pigs.

I suffer from from the same thing & understand how ur sister feel ;-(

I use a cream called fusibet after 15 years of useing creams that more than often made it worse i swear by this ;-) if my skin is really bad i have afew sunbeds and that really works.

Hope this helps xx

One of my regular customers has this, it's a form of eczema. We use tea tree on her and it doesn't worsen the condition at all. Sometimes depending how stressed she is it can worsen or improve. Nothing to do with waxing. However there is more blood spotting than with most so be careful. Always best to do a few test strips a couple of days before :)

Latest posts

Back