Are we allowed..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipLiCiouS

Reaction score
Hiya iv just come tof the svhools local easter fair and raffled my spray tan to get tge word out ... But what if a kid wins it? Are we allowed to tan children?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Your first call should be to your insurance company, and see what you are covered for x

Id say make sure you get parents written permission and they have to be in the room with them x

You need to find out if your insurance company will cover you to tan children and IF they say yes you can tan them what do they require you to do beforehand, during and after the tan?

Do they need you to skin test before, do they need parent/guardian in the room at all times do they require you do anything exra as aftercare?

When I have given tans as raffle prizes it has always been to over 18 events but after my last donation I had a call asking me to go and tan a 16 year old who had been given the voucher from her gran (who had won it at the adult only event). I apologised to her and told her I couldn't do it as my insurance doen't cover me (it is my personal choice not to treat under 16) and that she would have to pass the voucher on to someone else or I would take her details down & would keep the voucher valid unitl just after her birthday for her.

I got a phonecall the next day from her brother who had been passed the voucher and I booked him in and tanned him.

At the end of the day even if a child wins it that doesn't mean you have to tan them - you can set terms & conditions that exclude under 16/18 and if asked just state your insurance doesn't allow you to treat them.

BABTAC I know insures treating under 16s BUT you must have written parental consent and they should be present. They don't require any patch tests for any products that you haven't mixed - ie ones ready bought - UNLESS the client when going through your consultation mentions that they have had allergic reactions or have extremely sensitive skin etc...

But you should check with your insurance company to be sure :)

Latest posts

Back