Lycon Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella771

Reaction score
Hi

Can you use lycon strip wax on the upper lip? I always used hot wax but alot of people use the strip wax, seems to get a cleaner result??? Any thoughts on this would be great thanks

You can but I wouldn't bother!

I've never had any problems with Lycon hot wax not getting a smooth finish.

Just make sure you use the smallest swipe of oil (I apply it with my finger then wipe over with a cotton pad so the skin isn't shiny). Also, on the face you need to be sure you apply in the direction of hair growth, not against (against everywhere else except for the face and the labia)

HTH

Thanks for your advice i didnt know you could apply in the direction of the growth with lycon hot wax i was trained that it was always applied against maybe thats where i was going wrong so with the lip. I will try it with the direction of growth later and see how i get do you ever use lycon strip on the lip? thanks so much?

On the face you always go in the direction of growth, can you imagine doing eyebrows going against?! MESSY!!!

I haven't used Lycon strip on the face, purely because it can cause the skin on the lip to thicken over time and it gets a darkened look to it. I find hot wax so much gentler and everyone I've ever waxed with my hot wax who has had any kind of strip waxing on the face previously has commented how much less painful it is, how effective the results are and how little redness there is afterwards.

I also like to use a metal spatula with my strip wax and wouldn't use this on the face.

HtH

Latest posts

Back