Eyelash extension maintenance help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyJen

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I now feel I am producing fairly nice sets of semi perm lash extensions, my clients always seem pleased and I feel confident at doing new sets. However after one or two maintenance apts my clients are wanting them off because they say they start twisting and annoying them. When I see them I can see that it's the just because the lashes are starting to grow and so the false lashes are getting longer, hence the twisting. But the only way to stop this happening would be to take them all out and replace them, which there isn't enough time to do during the apt. But is this what you all do? Always remove any lashes that are growing (but they all grow) during every maintenance apt? Rather than just removing obvious problem lashes? I'm just struggling with the maintenance of them so any advice would be appreciated. Thank you x x

Hi

As our lashes grow at different stages, not all the lashes should be too long that they need to come out at a single maintenance appointment.

The ones that have twisted, be sure that this is because they have grown and that it isn't because you have put a lash that is too heavy/long to stay put on the natural lash.

If it is just a case of the natural lash having grown, then well done, this means your application is good and you are producing long lasting lashes!

To remove I either use a gel remover, and I seperate the lash like you do in application then apply a little of the gel remover on a micropore brush to the lash, wait a few mins and brush away. I would then give the lash a little wipe with a damp cotton bud to remove any remaining gel remover. Once you have removed all the lashes you need to I would thoroughly cleanse before proceeding with your maintenance.

A quicker way of tidying up is if the extension is coming away at the base, with one tweezer gently hold the natural lash whilst with the other tweezer peel away the extension. Alot less faffing if you can do this.

Hope I've explained myself properly and hope it helps.

H xx

Good question.... I always find my infills never look as good as a brand new set!

Hi geeks. I now feel I am producing fairly nice sets of semi perm lash extensions, my clients always seem pleased and I feel confident at doing new sets. However after one or two maintenance apts my clients are wanting them off because they say they start twisting and annoying them. When I see them I can see that it's the just because the lashes are starting to grow and so the false lashes are getting longer, hence the twisting. But the only way to stop this happening would be to take them all out and replace them, which there isn't enough time to do during the apt. But is this what you all do? Always remove any lashes that are growing (but they all grow) during every maintenance apt? Rather than just removing obvious problem lashes? I'm just struggling with the maintenance of them so any advice would be appreciated. Thank you x x

I think perhaps they are too long to begin with? Try applying a couple mm shorter and see if this makes a difference xxx

Lash perfect do an amazing cream remover takes seconds to remove a lash so no need for extra time

Thank you for your replies. You might be right about length and thickness, I mainly use .20/.25 thickness because everyone asks for full on lashes! But maybe they are too heavy for them. I just don't find I get the wow factor if I use the sleeker lashes?! I'll try using some thinner ones and see how it goes. Thank you. X

.25 can be quite heavy for a lot of people. I think you need to try shorter lashes and just make sure that you put as many lashes on to give them a lovely full set xx

Start a lash revolution like me. Give all your loyal clients a new set of each time they come in for infills. They will remain faithful to you forever. You will get lots of full set practice and improve your speed. Your clients will always have amazing lashes. Word will get out on how amazing you are! Its a win win situation.

Start a lash revolution like me. Give all your loyal clients a new set of each time they come in for infills. They will remain faithful to you forever. You will get lots of full set practice and improve your speed. Your clients will always have amazing lashes. Word will get out on how amazing you are! Its a win win situation.

Sorry I don't understand this post.

Your clients come for infill and you apply a full new set. Why would you do this? And do you charge for a full new set every time?

If infills are done properly, your client should look like they have had a new set applied anyway after an infill appointment.

To answer they OPs post, I think you are maybe using lashes that are too long and heavy.
It's great that they are lasting so long, your application technique is obviously good but if the lash is too long or heavy, it WILL twist as it grows out from the lashline. It becomes top heavy and will twist and drop. This can lead to the natural lash being lost prematurely so should be avoided. A few longer heavier lashes are OK but don't use too many.

It is the AMOUNT of lashes applied that creates the dense look, not the THICKNESS of the lashes.

HTH

Last edited:
I completely agree with elliebee, this post about applying a new set at infills bemused me, thought it was so bizarre that it must be a joke lol

Lol it confused me this morning x

Latest posts

Back