Not a happy bunny..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipLiCiouS

Reaction score
Evening geeks

Earlier today we had a easter fair at the school and I donated 3 tans in a raffle to get the word out in school... Raffle winners had choice to choose their prize but no one chose tanning and now I feel low before iv even started ..
And the prize ended up with 2 clients who don't require a tan .. So they have asked me to swap it for something else... Im shattered
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Do not swap it. If the voucher is for a free tan, and this is the service you want to promote, suggest they give to a friend as a gift.

At least that way you may gain a tanning client

Am I right in thinking you donated 3 spray tans?
Well 3 sprays tans is the prize then Hun.... If I won a holiday in benidorm, I would not ask for a holiday in Portugal instead... As that was not the prize! A prize is a prize at the end of the day! If you were wanting them to choose a prize you would have donated £X amount worth of vouchers!

So gutted for you hun :-( xxx

Don't feel down about it hon, this has nothing to do with you and I certainly wouldn't swap the vouchers xxx

Some people are so blumin cheeky!

Stick to your original plan.

I did 50% off on my hour treatments when I started, one client said I want a half hour massage will this be discounted?!!

Urrrrrr NO

I would only be prepared to swap it if it was for something of equal or lesser value, also thinking about monetary, effort and time involved here.

That would still get them in and perhaps a new client in the making even if it is for another service other than tanning?

Or you could stick to your guns and gain no clients or be a bit flexible and maybe gain 2 new ones.

Just another angle for you to consider. Don't let it get you down though.

see she asked me if i did anything else so i did tell her that only do anything to do with natural nails...
iv started tanning mobile but i dont drive so wont start waxing or nails till i get a ride now i feel dumb for even tell her about the nails .. she might ask for a mani or pedi and id have to invest in that which i wasnt planning on after i got my car

see she asked me if i did anything else so i did tell her that only do anything to do with natural nails...
iv started tanning mobile but i dont drive so wont start waxing or nails till i get a ride now i feel dumb for even tell her about the nails .. she might ask for a mani or pedi and id have to invest in that which i wasnt planning on after i got my car
If she asks for that, tell her that you are qualified but because you don't have a car yet, you don't offer that service yet, but if she gives you her email address as soon as that service is available you will contact her. Then suggest she gives her prize to a friend if she really doesn't want a tan for herself.
Polite, but firm, you will always find clients like these, it's always better to turn them into good clients with manners than it is to let them ride over you.

You gave tan vouchers to a raffle and they have won them - if they don't want a tan they have still not lost anything so I would NOT swap the treatments.

Advise them they can pass the voucher on but the voucher is valid for the treatment stated on the voucher and only that treatment.

If you want tanning clients there is no point in trying to pacify these people. If you were set up and offering other treatments that you also wanted to push then you could chose to change what the voucher is valid for but tbh I always give tanning vouchers to raffles and I wouldn't change them to any of my other treatments no matter how much I wanted to push them.

I choose to offer tan vouchers as the cost to me in product & time is what I am willing to give for free, I'm not willing to give more time or money than that and all my other treatments either cost me more in product or take me a lot longer timewise or both.

At the end of the day you are giving your services free because of the good cause (to the people who held the raffle) and the clients should be glad the good cause raised funds not be worried about winning something they class as useless.

If you received a Voucher from Prezzos offering a Free Glass of Wine....but you don't drink, would you even think about ringing them up and saying, "well I don't drink, so can I have a Mushroom Risotto instead"????? Errrr No!:)

Latest posts

Back